Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Trying to conceive

We're getting ready to formally TTC in October, but aren't freaking out if we have an "accident" before then. The only reason we're holding off is because I want to be able to drink wine and eat raw oysters in San Francisco on our 10th wedding anniversary (I'm serious!). We really want a kiddo, but kind of have a "eh, if it happens it happens, if it don't it don't" attitude, which I hope sticks once we actually start trying. I went off of the pill in February because I wanted to let my body get back to normal for a while before TTC, even though I know you don't have to do it that early. I'm pretty darn sure I've been ovulating every month since April, but I want to test for it now since we're getting closer and I want to make sure we're trying at the right time of month. I think I know when I ovulate, but I want to make sure (rather than basing it off of my charts and cm). Any recs for a good ovulation predictor? Do the urine stick tests work, and if so, do the store brands work (I know Target has a store brand)?
    My mom and my sister both have endometriosis (my mom was obviously able to concieve, but my sister cannot), so if nothing happens after a year, I'll be going in for testing...I don't think that's jumping the gun at all.
    fave girls: November~Willowbrooke~Owen~Tahlene~Meraine
    fave boys: Hunter~Jeremiah~Jhoan~Revere~Breslin

*November & Hunter*

Re: Trying to conceive

Hi all

Just thought I'd give an update. I got sent to a fertility doctor and she ran a bunch of blood work which all came back normal. I then did a test to check that my tubes weren't blocked which also came back fine. She is now going to give me some drugs to stimulate my folics and see how many eggs I'm releasing. If it's too many she'll take me back off the drugs. I think we're also going to do something where they take my husband's semen and inject it directly into the uterus to give it a better chance. I guess we'll see how it goes. Of course we're still trying the natural way through all this. I'd much rather conceive that way but since it's been over 3 years and it still hasn't happened I'm not overly optimistic.