Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Trying to conceive

I find it amusing how everyone always says stop thinking about it and it'll happen. How can I stop thinking about it when everyone keeps asking? I try not to think about it but it's always in the back of my mind. It's always like, maybe this will be the month.
    I wish you all Good Luck though :)

Quote Originally Posted by sassy
    I find it amusing how everyone always says stop thinking about it and it'll happen. How can I stop thinking about it when everyone keeps asking? I try not to think about it but it's always in the back of my mind. It's always like, maybe this will be the month.
    I wish you all Good Luck though :)
    Ya, there is no way to NOT think about it, but you cant let the stress get to you, I guess is what they mean.

Hello ladies,
    I am also trying to conceive, It is only my second month and I am already freaking out. Are you ladies using the pee stick? Counting the days? Looking for mucus discharge? I am not sure what method to use. I have 2 kids but they were both unplanned. With my daughter I conceived on the pill, I was taking antibiotics and they made the pill less effective. What is worrying me even more is one of my mom friends conceived her daughter accidentally on her wedding night and now has bee trying for about a year and has already had 2 miscarriages.

Merylp, as you have only been trying for two months, I wouldn't worry just yet. However, if you are unable to conceive after a year, don't hesitate to go and see a doctor, just as you would if this was your first child - secondary, and even tertiary infertility is fairly common (infertility, temporary or permanent, which sets in after having one or more children), but under-recognised. If your GP tries to use the "But you already have children, so you're obviously fine" line on you, insist on all the tests you and your partner would be given if you hadn't already had children. Sometimes not being able to conceive after already having children is unexplained, but there could be a cause which can be treated. Secondary infertility is often not permanent, and as I mentioned earlier, you have not been trying for that long, so don't worry just yet.

Auburn

Me and my Husband have been trying to concieve for 8 months this month. Which is...uh so frustrating. I know so much about pregnancy and trying to concieve that i over analyze, which makes it worse. It's scary to have gone this long, and not concieved, because me and my husband are both young (mid 20's) so i am affraid that we will not be able to get pregnant, which is devestating to me, because all my life i have only always wanted to be a mom. A few days ago, devin and myself actually decided to stop trying until about this time next year, which makes me sad, but i think i might have a clue to our problem. When i started school last year, i gained a lot of weight in a small period of time. In Jan i weighed about 115lbs and by May weight 130lbs and by October i weighed 155 lbs.

We started tryign to concieve in November. I gained weight so quickly, that i got stretch marks (very uncommon for someone my age). So between weight gain and sparatic birth control then going off birth control, i'm hoping thats all it is. I know that i freak out when i read things, such as i was looking at urbanoutfitters.com where i rea dthat none fo there bags comply with california's lead safety laws. I dont even live in california, and i freaked out because i have multiple bags form that store, and lead exposure can cause reproductive health issues. I guess its the worring slight hypocondriac in me?

It was hard to think about every month, because those two days i was late, would get my hope sup, only to be filled with the huge let down of cramps, bloating, and fatigue.

But we decided to wait until i can loose weight (the healthy, work out and diet way, not crash deits), and try to get into more normal cycles (for a while i went from 28-30 long cycles to 34 week cycles back to 30 day cycles). Then hopefully it will happen, and if not...oh boy. I guess we'de be on our way to the fertility doctors. I hope we never have to make it that far.

Wow it felt good to be able to talk about that. It gets very stressfull, and its slightly depressing to know that were not going to be trying anymore......