Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Trying to conceive

I wish you all the luck in the world!!!

I just get scared alot because I hear SO many stories or women who are having fertility problems... It makes me nervous because I feel like what if I am doing something now that can prevent me from having a child later on? (such as diet, lifestyle..)

Sarah, I'm not sure why you think your cousin "jumped to conclusions". Doctors recommend seeking help if you have not conceived after a year of trying. It's the very definition of infertility by most medical groups.

Quote Originally Posted by junipia
    Sarah, I'm not sure why you think your cousin "jumped to conclusions". Doctors recommend seeking help if you have not conceived after a year of trying. It's the very definition of infertility by most medical groups.
    I meant nothing bad by it, she is 25 and her husband is 26. They are young and extremely healthy. They tried for just under a year and upon not conceiving, immediately decided something was wrong, while there is of course nothing wrong with going to the doctor to see IF something is wrong, it also doesnt mean something IS wrong. I am a nurse and see this all the time, eager couples working themselves in a tizzy when they do not immediately get pregnant, and most of the time they are causing themselves un needed stress, which is the only problem they ahve.

Quote Originally Posted by sara_1211
    who else is getting disappointed every month when they discover they are not pregnant?

I get so fustrated every month. We have been trying for about 9months now and nothing. I am planning to see my doctor in acouple of months to run some tests. I am 32, we have 1 child already,he willbe 5 in aug.
    I blame myself for waiting this long..I have it happen soon...I am going crazy.

Good Luck.

Good luck and dont let the stress get to you!!! I have heard SO many people say that once they stopped trying, or even turned to adoption, they got pregnant right away, because there was no more stress involved!