Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preppy Names

Preppy Names

Hi everyone!
    I was just wondering which names you find to be really preppy? I seem to be drawn to pretty preppy names, so i was hoping you could add to the list! Here are my ideas:

BOYS
    Nathaniel (nn Nate)
    Henry
    Elliot
    Bennett (nn Ben)

GIRLS
    Georgia (nn Georgie)
    Anne (nn Annie)
    Charlotte (nn Lottie)
    Brooke

Do you agree that those names sound preppy? Love to hear feedback, and other preppy names that i know are out there!

Thanks!

Re: Preppy Names

Quote Originally Posted by asophie1
    Hi everyone!
    I was just wondering which names you find to be really preppy? I seem to be drawn to pretty preppy names, so i was hoping you could add to the list! Here are my ideas:

BOYS
    Nathaniel (nn Nate)
    Henry
    Elliot
    Bennett (nn Ben)

GIRLS
    Georgia (nn Georgie)
    Anne (nn Annie)
    Charlotte (nn Lottie)
    Brooke

Do you agree that those names sound preppy? Love to hear feedback, and other preppy names that i know are out there!

Thanks!
    Nathaniel doesn't sound very preppy to me, but Nate does. I think it's because I have a book and one of the main characters is named Nate, and he's a jock. With Henry, I picture a kid who lives on a farm, same with Georgia. Charlotte is kind of an old-fashioned name, so I don't really think it sounds very preppy to me. To me, "preppy" names are very common or girly names. Brooke sounds a bit preppy to me, though. Others that come to mind:

Brittany (I used to know a girl with this name who was preppy. She wasn't very nice, though.)
    Ashley
    Shelby
    Heidi
    Meagan
    Katie
    Nicole

BOYS:
    Tanner
    Dylan
    Patrick
    Michael nn Mike
    William nn Will
    Liam

I bet people have different definitions of preppy, but there ya go. :)

I'm from a very "preppy" area so there are certain names I associate with preppiness. Anything that reminds me of Lily Pulitzer or my prep-school basically, lol. Nate and Bennett definitely seem preppy to me, Elliot and Henry less so. Georgia (and Georgina) is somewhat preppy to me, Anne can be preppy, Charlotte is preppy and Brooke is not. These are just my personal associations though. Some other preppy names:

Boys: Parker, Chase, Beckett, Fletcher, Kip (Christopher), Davis, Devlin, Everett, Grant, Griffith, Samson, Theodore, Tucker, Harrison, Trent, Ted/Tad, Preston, Walker, Spencer, Easton, Mac.

Girls: Pippa, Annabelle, Aspen, Blanche, Carson, Cecily, Daisy, Kit, Edie, Tessa, Emerson, Helena, Leighton, Jane, Eliza, Maxine, Piper, Tennley, Willa, Blair, Martha, Vivian.

Basically most last namey names make me think of preppiness. Also, I grew up a lot of very preppy people who had not so preppy names (like Katherine, Mary, Jacob and Brian) who had very preppy nicknames which included:

Cricket, Maisie, Bunny (I kid you not), Clio (nn for Claire), Bess, Bea, Josie, Birdie (nn of Roberta), Ebby and Barth (nn for Bartholomew), Ned and a male Izzy (Isaac).
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by glitterandrocknroll
    Quote Originally Posted by asophie1
    Hi everyone!

BOYS
    Nathaniel (nn Nate)
    Henry
    Elliot
    Bennett (nn Ben)

GIRLS
    Georgia (nn Georgie)
    Anne (nn Annie)
    Charlotte (nn Lottie)
    Brooke

Thanks!
    Nathaniel doesn't sound very preppy to me, but Nate does. I think it's because I have a book and one of the main characters is named Nate, and he's a jock. With Henry, I picture a kid who lives on a farm, same with Georgia. Charlotte is kind of an old-fashioned name, so I don't really think it sounds very preppy to me. To me, "preppy" names are very common or girly names. Brooke sounds a bit preppy to me, though. Others that come to mind:

Brittany (I used to know a girl with this name who was preppy. She wasn't very nice, though.)
    Ashley
    Shelby
    Heidi
    Meagan
    Katie
    Nicole

BOYS:
    Tanner
    Dylan
    Patrick
    Michael nn Mike
    William nn Will
    Liam

I bet people have different definitions of preppy, but there ya go. :)
    Thanks for the reply!
    Im really surprised you don't find Nate (Nathaniel) and Georgia as preppy, to me thats they are the "preppiest"names on the list! To me, they just seem like a names that has been passed down through generations and generations of an old money family, adding to that preppy feel! As for Henry, I see what you mean about being kind of country, but then again on the opposite end of the spectrum i could completely see a Henry as being from a big city...maybe as a nick name to Harrison though (which is another really preppy name in my opinion!)? YOur comment about charlotte being old-fashioned, hmmm maybe thats what I am classifying as preppy, again being handed down through various generations? Also, to me Brooke screams preppy to me due to the "Brooks Brothers" association!
    I think your suggestions of Meagan and Katie seem really preppy! Great ideas! As well, all the boys names definitely hit the preppy spot, especially Tanner and William!

Thanks for your input!

Boys: Stone, Reed, Graham, and anything in -er (Parker, Walker, Porter, Thatcher) and for some reason the Schuyler is really preppy to me

Girls: Surnamey names like Collins and classics like Margaret, Catherine, etc