Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Compiling list of names for potential baby girl :)

I just found out that I am pregnant and I am becoming obsessed with finding the perfect name...which I am sure most people are. We have already picked out a boy name--so now I am focusing some energy on having a girls name ready... here is my list. Please feel free to offer suggestions or name combos. Also, the baby will have a Spanish last name and I am open to Spanish names.

Thnx :)

Names I adore:
    Luca
    Lucy
    Sofia
    Adelle
    Olive (Olivia)
    Cleo/Clio
    Juliet/Juliette
    Amelia
    Alijah
    Amelie
    Jada

Re: Compiling list of names for potential baby girl :)

Luca - I can see where you're going with this, but unfortunately, I don't think Luca works for a girl since it's so clearly a boy's name (others will disagree, but since your list on the whole tends toward feminine names, using a boy's name would make it difficult if/when you have another girl down the line). I think Lucia would be a much better option for you.

Lucy - This is a wonderful name, though I prefer it as a nickname for Lucille, Lucia, or Lucinda (Lucia is probably my favorite of the three, especially with a Spanish last name).

Sofia - This is beautiful, but you may be bothered by the overwhelming popularity.

Adelle- I really like this, though I think I prefer it spelled Adele.

Olivia - Like Sophia, a very beautiful name that is unfortunately ridiculously popular right now. Of course it depends on where you live and how much popularity bothers you. Where I live, I feel like every other child I meet is either Olivia or Sophia and it's enough to deter me from using either name.

Cleo/Clio - This is not as soft as the other names on your list; to me, it's just a little bit abrupt, as if it should be short for something. Not my favorite.

Juliet/Juliette - This is a wonderful name. I prefer the Juliet spelling; I think if I were you I would strongly consider this as a middle name to buffer a softer sounding name upfront. I wonder if you also like Julia or Juliana? I think either would make a beautiful first name!

Amelia - This is one of my favorites! You also might like Cecilia or Ophelia, which are equally beautiful but take you out of the realm of names that sound like Emily and are overly popular. Amelia is different enough from Emily, though, that if you love it, you should definitely go for it.

Alijah - I'm not sure if you mean this to be pronounced like Aliyah or like the boy's name Elijah. If the former, I think it's pretty, but it's not my favorite in your list. If the latter, then I dislike how masculine it sounds, but you might like Eliza, which has a similar sound but is decidedly feminine.

Amelie - pretty, but I prefer Amelia.

Jada - this seems insubstantial next to some of your other choices.
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

I LOVE Clio and the history behind it.

Other names that I adore:

Yamila

Thalia

Zelina

Zelia

Livia

Elaina

Imogen

Adele

Estelle

Isadora

Good Luck!!! :)

I love the names on your list! Particularly Adele, Lucy and Olive. I quite like Spanish names as well. Here's some names you might like:

Annabella
    Allegra
    Lucille/Luciana/Lucia
    Rosa/Rosalie
    Blanca
    Carolina
    Angelina
    Gabriella/Gabrielle
    Antonia
    Eliza
    Leona
    Pilar
    Elsa
    Reina
    Camilla
    Liliana
    Eloise
    Vera
    Cecilia
    Adeline
    Juliana
    Violet

hope that helps!
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker

Congratulations! :-)

Luca- This name feels distinctly masculine to me even though it's beginning to turn unisex. I also feel like it pales in comparison to your other names because they're much more feminine. I if I heard a sibset of Juliet and Luca, for example, I would assume that Luca was a boy. I love the previous suggestion of Lucia.

Lucy- Lucy is darling! It's one of my favorites on your list.

Sofia- Sofia is beautiful but very popular. It reminds me of Seraphina or Sophronia, which can easily get the Sophie nickname.

Adelle- I prefer it spelled Adele. Adele is very pretty. It reminds me of Adelaide.

Olive (Olivia)- I've never understood exactly why people like Olive. I understand it's unexpected quirkiness and it does have a certain degree of vintage going for it but I doubt I could take seriously a woman named Olive. It's a cute enough nickname for Olivia, though my personally favorite is Liv. Unfortunately Olivia is also very popular.

Cleo/Clio- Cleo has always felt incomplete to me. I prefer Chloe, despite it's popularity. I also like Callista and Calliope, which reminds me of Cleo.

Juliet/Juliette- Juliet is absolutely beautiful and one of my top names! It's feminine but strong, has a spunky but gentle quality to it and flows well with many middle names!

Amelia- Amelia is very cute! It's growing in popularity though...

Alijah- I'm not a big fan of uniquely spelled names. Elijah is wonderful for a boy but I'm not a big fan of it for a girl. What about Alison, Alexandra or Eliana?

Amelie- Very pretty. I think I prefer Amelia but Amelie is sweeter and lighter.

Jada- I prefer Jada spelled Giada, which is the correct Italian way. It's pretty but doesn't really stand out for me.

My favorite is Juliet, followed by Lucy and Adele.

What about:

Elodie
    Bianca
    Norah
    Annabel
    Eloise
    Georgia
    Beatrice
    Maren
    Matilda
    Miriam nn Miri
    Eliza