Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Baby books dont address this question on flow and ryhme.....

Yes, it's called alliteration when both names start with the same letter and I personally don't mind it at all! Ex: Henry Haroldson

I do think that a first syllable repetition (ala Van*essa Van*guard) should probably be avoided, but then again, my own name violates this rule and I don't mind it at all! :) If the first and last names had the same number of syllables or the same ending as well it is probably too much.

Worst of all I think are names like John Johnson or Christopher Christopherson. I'd definitely avoid those!

Each case probably has to be evaluated individually; I say use your own personal discretion! :)

Funny this,because I was considering Emmeline(leen) pron. and the last name is Deane.I thought it sounded well but my other half thought it too rhymey.Who is right?

I don't mind alliteration when the first letters are the same but not the whole first syllable. Also, I prefer when the two names have a different amount of syllables too.

So like Vanessa Vangarden (or whatever your suggestion was, sorry!) is bad but Vanessa Vaughn would be okay.

I like Caroline Collins but not Caroline Carmichael.

I hope this makes sense..

I also hate rhyming names like PP's Emmeline Deane. Sorry.

Also names like Donald MacDonald is AWFUL.