Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Baby books dont address this question on flow and ryhme.....

My name is Kaitlin Kenyon. Last syllable of the two names isn't exactly the same, but I love my name and always have. I don't think it's an issue, unless you want to do like Isabella Icarella or something.

Thanks everyone for your input. Now I would like to get more opinions from people on the idea of the first and last name sharing the same syllable....the example of Van and Van is a good one. Does everyone else agree with the one poster who said it was too rhymey? What if as one of the posters mentioned the rest of the first and last name is different, therefore the only commonality is that first syllable...would that make for a good flowing name or would it be a no no being to rhymey? Of course all the names listed are just examples, but I am brainstorming on whether or not to do something similiar with my child's name.

Vanessa Vanguard ... Robin Roberts ... I don't know. Obviously it's worked before ... let's just say I wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by plato
    First/Last name begins & ends in the same letter....too rhymey?
    I think they call this "alliteration" in the books. Just my 2 cents.

I don't like it when the first and last name start with the same letter and have rhyming first syllables.