Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby books dont address this question on flow and ryhme.....

First/Last name begins & ends in the same letter....too rhymey?

Examples of what I mean: Milo Manacito, Caden Cannesson, Harlow Hannacito, Vanessa Vanaccia

Would this be a no no in naming? Is it over the top rhymey?

Re: Baby books dont address this question on flow and ryhme.....

I think that matching first letters OR matching last letters is ok. But when both the first and last letters match it is a little too much. Too bad, I like the name Helen but doesn't work with last name Hoffman.

I think your example with Vanessa is especially bad because both first and last name start with the same syllable Van-.

I think it depends. As long as the sounds in between are very different or contrasting, it sounds okay, or if the names have a different number of syllables. To the previous poster: I know a Helen Hansen, and I think the repeating letters are kind of appealing. Helen Hoffman sounds nice!
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I actually kind of like it if it's not too obvious/rhymey.

Imagine... Helen Hoffman with the Nightly News. You definitely remember these names and they sound distinctive.

I've thought about this. I think if your last name ends in a vowel it might sound too rhyme-y (mine ends in with the -ello sound and I love the name Enzo but I think it might sound silly). I don't think names starting with the same letter as the last name always sound silly. It would work if the first and last were different enough in sound and style.

One thing I try to stay away from is ending the first name with the same letter as my last name...avoids misunderstanding when saying the full name.