Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your Hidden Yiddish Name (Nephele's Anagrams)

In celebration of Passover, I'm anagramming and blanagramming Yiddish names!

A blanagram is like an anagram, except for some letter substitution. Most names here will be blanagrammed, in order to work in the "bat" (meaning "daughter of") that is part of your Yiddish name. The name that follows "bat" will be the name of your Yiddish father. ;)

As with all my anagram threads, I ask you to scramble (for privacy) the letters of your first, middle, and last names. (Just ONE middle name, please!) Then give me your scramble, and I'll anagram your Yiddish name from it.

Here's a name scrambler for help if you need it:
    http://www.lerfjhax.com/scrambler

If you are male, please let me know, otherwise I will automatically anagram a feminine name. Males get "ben" (meaning "son of") instead of "bat," followed by the name of their father.

To learn more about Yiddish names, check out the Nameberry blog this Monday! :)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/zzz-11-1.jpg
    Pictured above are Tevye's daughters from Fiddler on the Roof: Chava, Tzeitel, Hodel (front row), Bielke and Shprintze (back row).

-- Nephele

Re: Your Hidden Yiddish Name (Nephele's Anagrams)

Hi Nephele! What's my name?

aaacehhijkmnrst
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

everwaiteing

aaacehhijkmnrst j +b
    =
    Mira bat Schakne
    meaning "Miriam daughter of Presence-of-God"

-- Nephele

Hey, Nephele, fun! I'm an Irish not a Yiddish girl, yet who could resist a new Nephele name?
    Pamela Redmond Satran
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Thanks, Nephele! I'm not Yiddish, but know some lovely people who are. I think they will be jealous of my new name!

I appreciate the two choices! I am already feeling quite attached to Stekhna and like it a lot! Stekhna it is!
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)