Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jace

Jace

Jace is a continual problem for me; my OH loves it and I like it in theory but we can't agree on it.
    He wants just Jace but would use it as a nickname for Jason. I don't think Jace should be the "official" name and I don't like Jason. I can't think of anyway to get to Jace without using the initials J.C. but OH doesn't like that idea.
    Any ideas on how to compromise or do we just look for a new name?
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Might be a bit of a stretch, but Isaac nicknamed Jace wouldn't be too out there, would it? Just because all the letters are practically there (if we take the I as a J)... Fine, sorry, that is just me with my weird "nicknames-can-be-from-anything" habit. But I love the meaning of Jason, from the Greek verb for "to heal", and it is such a strong, rugged name. Also, Jason (Golden Fleece Jason) was pretty awesome (*ahem* if you ignore his heartless abandonment of Medea) so. Hope this helps in a confused sort of way...

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Just looked at original post, and it turns out that I can't read and that this didn't actually answer the question. So feel free to ignore it, sorry

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I think Jason is a lovely name, and just as Ciottolo mentioned I like Jason and the Golden Fleece story as well, but if you aren't set on that name, Jace really isn't a terrible first name either, I find it rather handsome! There's always Jacob as a first name too. You could always call him by his middle name, possibly Isaac Jason, or Isaac Jace?

I really do think Jace is lovely enough to be upon his own a first
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

Thanks ladies. I don't mind Jason as a name but for me it is irrevocably tied to my cousin who I don't particularly care for.
    OH suggested spelling it Jasen to distinguish it but I'm not a fan of changing names.
    Does Jace Baker sound choppy?
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire