Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Husband and I just can't decide!

I'm really in need of some help. I am due to have our second child, a boy, soon but my husband and I are in love with two different names. I have always loved Jacob and he has always loved Levi. I'd like to compromise since our daughter's name, Grace, was my idea. He has said he feels like he doesn't get a say in the name...

While I don't hate the name Levi, I'm just not sure about it. I have never known anyone named Levi. I like that is from the Old Testament, but so is Jacob.

What do you think of this name? Is it too "country"? Is it too uncommon? And what about Jacob? Has that name become too common? Any thoughts on either name would really help. Jacob Keith, or Levi Anderson?

Re: Husband and I just can't decide!

I personally really like Levi Anderson.

Jacob, to me, feels much more generic - I knew five Jacobs growing up, and zero Levis. Levi is also peppier, more lively of a name. Jacob is of course a very handsome name, but Levi gets my vote.

I would go with Levi Anderson--what a handsome name! Levi, believe it or not, was #117 on the most popular boy's names list in 2008, so it will probably become more popular. Jacob is way too common nowadays.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace & Patrick Elliot; Catherine Elise & Liam David

Quote Originally Posted by maj
    I personally really like Levi Anderson.

Jacob, to me, feels much more generic - I knew five Jacobs growing up, and zero Levis. Levi is also peppier, more lively of a name. Jacob is of course a very handsome name, but Levi gets my vote.
    Ditto!

I like Jacob much better and its nn's. I feel Levi suits a Jewish boy better.
    Psalm 23