Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: my husband's NEW list

Quote Originally Posted by ljandrl
    Aislinn Joy :) spell it the way you like it!
    Sorry, can't! Hubby wouldn't give his a-ok on that spelling, and I'm a little too nervous about it. It took all the bravery I could muster to spell Isla the "right" way, lol, I was afraid of misspelling and mispronunciations. . .but at least Isla you can say, "like Island." What would you said," Aislinn. . . like. . .no other word you've ever heard of, lol!"

Kelli,

Ashlyn
    Audrey
    Harper

My favorite with Isla is Audrey, as I think both maintain an understated feminine quality. However, I worry that Audrey looks too, I don't know, English (?) in comparison to Isla. Not sure - I still like the two together, though! I don't care for the trendy-ish spelling of Ashlyn, but then again Aislinn doesn't appeal to me, either. Must be the name, then, right? Harper is very cute, too! Harper is much more unisex than Isla, though, but I'd make it my second choice. Do you like all of these names?

Aster
    Lily
    Matilda
    Ruby
    Brenna

I don't at all care for Aster, as it sounds incredibly harsh to me - don't you want a light name like Isla? Lily sounds too much like Isla to me, too. Brenna is sweet with Isla, but it has a matching end sound and seems a bit outdated to me. Isla and Ruby is simply adorable, but this seems slightly off in origin, clearly. However, the pairing is really very sweet! Miranda seems like too much name next to the comparably simple and sweet Isla, so as much as I like it, I'd say no...

So, my picks off this list for her first name are Audrey, Ruby, or Harper!

Joy
    Jean
    Willa
    Claire
    Sawyer

Simply because Isla Hope has a two-syllable first name with a one-syllable middle name, maybe you should match that - it must work well with your last name ("Shutterworks," right?)...

Audrey Joy
    Audrey Claire
    Audrey Jean

(Audrey Sawyer is cute, too...)

Ruby Joy
    Ruby Jean
    Ruby Claire

Harper Joy
    Harper Jean
    Harper Claire

My picks are #1 - Audrey Joy and #2 - Ruby Jean. I'd choose Audrey Joy, personally, as a sister to Isla Hope! Also, if you ever have more, Isla, Audrey, and Grant work very well together!

Good luck!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    However, I worry that Audrey looks too, I don't know, English (?) in comparison to Isla.

Harper is much more unisex than Isla

I don't at all care for Aster, as it sounds incredibly harsh to me

Lily sounds too much like Isla to me, too.

Isla and Ruby is simply adorable, but this seems slightly off in origin, clearly.

("Shutterworks," right?)...

(Audrey Sawyer is cute, too...)
    Just responding to a few of your comments,
    That's my issue with Audrey too. . .I love it, have always loved it, but I also think it's too something compared to Isla, I guess 'english' is a good adjective.

That's my main complaint with Harper too, unisex. Also I feel it's a little trendy . . .

I don't really like Aster either, dh put it on there. We are Dexter fans:)

I don't like Lily either, that was another dh name.

Ruby def. is off origin with Isla. . .I also love how they sound together though. . .

Yes, last name is sorta like Shutterworks - - which is a very heavy, english name so does that make Audrey better or worse?

Audrey Sawyer. . . too bad her initials would be ASS!!

That's a shame that Aislinn is a no go, as I think it would go really well with Isla.

Some others I like...

Ruby Jean
    Ruby Claire

Audrey Joy
    Audrey Claire

Matilda Joy - I actually think this is my favourite. It's a little offbeat but with an understated feminine quality to it, just like Isla is.

Re: my husband's NEW list - narrowed down!

Ok! How exciting, we have it narrowed down to 4 names, with assorted nicknames.

Audrey Joy
    Audrey Jean
    Audrey Claire - pretty, but Claire isn't a family name or meaninful to us, just sounds nice. . .

Matilda Mae
    Matilda Joy

Harper Joy
    Harper Mae

Ruby Jean
    Ruby Sawyer

I'm pretty happy with these, dh likes them all - not as crazy about the Ruby's though. I'm *almost* happy enough that I don't need to chose 1 right now, just knowing that we have a good handful of great, viable options makes me feel better!