Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: my husband's NEW list - narrowed down!

CAT-rin - glad you like it :) Welsh version of Catherine basically and has the same flow as Catherine as far as where the emphasis goes on the syllables. I think it sounds lovely with Isla :)

I noticed after I'd written that post that you'd mentioned liking Fiona but it was too Shrek! I guess Ffion could be a good alternative then :)

Goodluck!
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

What do you think of Megan?

In the top Welsh baby names 2008, the names on the list that are actually Welsh were:

3 - Megan
    5 - Seren
    8 - Ffion
    24 - Cerys
    35 - Carys
    36 - Nia (nee-uh)
    56 - Bethan (love this!!)
    58 - Lowri (like the word low-ree, Welsh version of my name, Laura)
    66 - Catrin
    69 - Tegan (means toy in Welsh)
    76 - Isla (Not Welsh, but thought you'd be interested!)
    77 - Elin
    80 - Mali (so cute!)
    97 - Cadi
    98 - Rhiannon
    100 - Efa (Welsh version of Eve, said with a soft e, a bit like air-va)
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

Kelli,

Wow - I had no idea Brynn was in the 300s. Honestly, though I do like Brynn Sawyer, Isla Hope is so feminine that it sounds like a boy - especially if you ever use Grant for a future boy. Just my opinion. Whoever else gave that description of the big, burly Brynn, it was hilarious! About Brynn Willa, I don't care for the repetitive vowels sounds (the Y and I sound the same)...

Okay, so you might bring up Brigid with hubby again, but since he's nixed it so many times, maybe it doesn't work.

I love - love, love, love! - Seren Joy with Isla Hope! Unique, unusual, but still feminine and elegant. Soren and Seren seem different to me - Soren is harsh and strong, whereas Seren is light and soft. Let me know what you think when you ponder it some more...

Eleri - oh! The Ellie and Ella issues are definite reasons to nix this one! Way too close to Kelli and Isla, in my opinion!

I also liked the Catrin suggestion! Catrin Joy is cute! I actually call my friend, Catherine, "Catrin" as a nickname. Anyway, your Catrin could be called Cat for short. My only issue is that Catrin sounds much harsher than Isla, but they still pair beautifully together. Good suggestion, whoever said Catrin!

Good luck, Kelli!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by ljandrl
    What do you think of Megan?

In the top Welsh baby names 2008, the names on the list that are actually Welsh were:

3 - Megan
    5 - Seren
    8 - Ffion
    24 - Cerys
    35 - Carys
    36 - Nia (nee-uh)
    56 - Bethan (love this!!)
    58 - Lowri (like the word low-ree, Welsh version of my name, Laura)
    66 - Catrin
    69 - Tegan (means toy in Welsh)
    76 - Isla (Not Welsh, but thought you'd be interested!)
    77 - Elin
    80 - Mali (so cute!)
    97 - Cadi
    98 - Rhiannon
    100 - Efa (Welsh version of Eve, said with a soft e, a bit like air-va)
    woah, is Mali welsh?? I love that, but NB says, "great until you realize people will just think her name is Molly."

I ran the new list by dh and he didn't jump on Seren, said no again to Brigid and actually liked Eleri. I told him the Ella/Ellie problem and he said, "why not call her just Elle?" So. . .Eleri goes on the list!