Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modern nicknames for Caroline?

We are seriously considering naming our SOON to arrive daughter Caroline. My only hesitation is that I don't love any of the possible nicknames. Any ideas than don't sound dated? I don't love Cara or Carrie, they seem to common (or 80's?). One option I kind of like is Lina...

We would still call her by her full name often, but I know we'll be using something shorter/cuter from time to time.

Any ideas are appreciated and will help me feel more confident selecting this name!

Re: Modern nicknames for Caroline?

I love Caroline!! Lina is very cute. What about:

Coco
    Carly
    Liny
    Caro
    Ro
    Cal
    Callie
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I love Caris but it might be to much of a stretch..I like Liny to..

Quote Originally Posted by wv
    We are seriously considering naming our SOON to arrive daughter Caroline. My only hesitation is that I don't love any of the possible nicknames. Any ideas than don't sound dated? I don't love Cara or Carrie, they seem to common (or 80's?). One option I kind of like is Lina...

We would still call her by her full name often, but I know we'll be using something shorter/cuter from time to time.

Any ideas are appreciated and will help me feel more confident selecting this name!
    Would you be pronouncing her name CaraLEEn, Caralynn, or Caroline like Carolina?