Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Do you think Lincoln nn Link makes a good brother for Dashiell nn Dash?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Perfect

22 68.75%
  • Hmm - Kind of

5 15.63%
  • Maybe - But you can do better

5 15.63%
  • No - They don't go together at all!

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Opinions on Lincoln?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo
    Quote Originally Posted by susan
    Lincoln is perfect! Very handsome and very today. The nn of Linc is cute and I love the nn of Lin too.

Abe doesn't get a look in with me and the logs thing is a mystery to me.

Lincoln is a stylish name in the genre of Reid, Elliott, Nash, Hunter, Hudson, Mason, even Caden and Alexander imo.

I don't like Cloud I would rule that one out.
    Abraham Lincoln nn Abe.
    Rollo, you don't have Lincoln Logs in Australia? They are a set of wooden logs in all different sizes. They interlock. I used to love to play with them. there are plastic roofs and chimneys.
    Hi Susan

If they have them I have never heard of them, they sound like wooden Lego to me.

PS I am au fait with the very distinguished, iconic and famous Abraham Lincoln for whom I have tremendous admiration due to his Christian values but when I think of Lincoln I don't automatically think of Abraham Lincoln. The name Lincoln is a great name, one I would use in a heartbeat.
    Yes, Lincoln Logs are a bit like Lego, but Lincoln Logs were around long before Lego. When I was young, I don't remember having Legos. Oh, but my husband says that he had Legos. But I asked him which toy came first, and he says Lincoln Logs date back to the 1940's. He is a master of trivia, so he's probably right.
    Here in the U.S., Lincoln is synonymous with Abe Lincoln of Abraham Lincoln. No problem having one's name associated with Old Abe. He's great!

Oh Rollo, Lincoln Logs are so fun! They aren't really like Legos, though you do build with them: http://www.thecaptainsmemos.com/wp-c...p_image038.jpg

It makes sense you wouldn't think automatically of Abraham Lincoln in Australia, it should be every American's first association, though. Abraham Lincoln was a great man, and I feel like I should learn everything about him if I indeed use the name.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Thanks Susan and Lyndsay makes me feel like going out to buy the logs for the grandchildren, on ebay of course.
    Psalm 23

Thanks Susan and Lyndsay makes me feel like going out to buy the logs for the grandchildren, on ebay of course.

Oh you should! They are extremely fun!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

My nephew loves them! When he was younger he would grab the bucket and say "build a house, build a house..." over and over again until you did and then he would just knock it down :). BOYS!! :)