Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Do you think Lincoln nn Link makes a good brother for Dashiell nn Dash?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Perfect

22 68.75%
  • Hmm - Kind of

5 15.63%
  • Maybe - But you can do better

5 15.63%
  • No - They don't go together at all!

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinions on Lincoln?

What does everyone think of Lincoln nn Link? Do you think it will age well? What would you think if you met a little boy named Lincoln, what about a man? Any other insights are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: Opinions on Lincoln?

Lyndsay -

Lincoln makes me think of two things - Lincoln Logs and, well, Abe!

That being said, how is Lincoln any different than Hudson, Landon, Griffin, Franklin, or Reagan? It isn't! Lincoln has strength and substance - especially with that CK sound - but an added splash of spunk and fun! Who could pass up a guy named Link, huh? I mean, Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray certainly couldn't!

When I envision Lincoln, I see a buttoned-up, confident, friendly guy. He's no goody-two-shoes, though. No, Lincoln has a bit of a wild side - he doesn't always follow the rules, and he is a fearless leader. He is strong and convincing, but that doesn't mean he is a bad boy. Lincoln is smart, for sure, and talented - maybe a musician - but he has a strong personality. Link is cool and suave, handsome and witty, and he knows it...

Good name, even better nickname, Lyndsay!

Lemon :-)

Edit - I forgot to answer the second part of your question! To me, Dashiell has a vintage quirkiness that isn't quite captured in Lincoln. Lincoln is more surname-y (obviously!) and thus makes Dashiell seem more modern and fresh, too - not that it isn't already (!), just more so, if you get what I'm saying. Dash and Link, however, are perfect together! Can't actually think of a better nickname pairing! Both are energetic and fun, yet strong and handsome, just like their full names! :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I went to a deli today to buy a sandwich. There was a young woman pushing a stroller. I asked her if I could see her baby. She said sure. The baby was such a cute boy, and he was kind of burly. Looked like a lot of fun. His mother told me that his name is...Lincoln!

Hey (and high-fivies to Baby D)! I think that Lincoln is a very handsome name, and I really love Dash and Link together. I can see Lincoln on a baby, a young boy, a teenager, an adult...all the way up to nursing home status. :-)

I know that C. loves Lincoln, and even though I think I can slightly better see your other names, like August and Frederick (Red), with Dashiell, the Link nickname with Dash totally wins me over.

Presidential names like Harrison, Truman, Wilson, Pierce, etc., have always sounded very distinguished to me, and Lincoln is no different.

Have a good night! :-)

Thanks for the replies ladies! Lemon, I love your description, as always!

I've spent a lot of time hating on Lincoln... but it is STILL Chris' favorite. And since my fave's change so frequently I think it's only fair to agree to his favorite of several years... (though I do always go back to Frederick, August/Angus, Dodge and Wesley). I don't think Lincoln rules out my favorites for future children though, so I can compromise. Plus I DO actually love Link. Especially because of Hairspray! I think Dash and Link are basically perfect for each other, especially since they'd both have names their dad has loved forever.

So the current favorite is Lincoln William Warfield... what do you think?

Red has been pushed to son #3... maybe Frederick Christopher Cloud? That's still up in the air, though. In addition to being another video game/ movie name (like both Dash and Link), I just recently discovered that Cloud is a very old and important family name. Do you think a boy would hate to have Cloud in his name? Even tucked away as a second middle?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco