Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Given last name Head, is Eliza usable as a first name? Eliza Head ...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds ok to me

4 26.67%
  • Not great, but usable

7 46.67%
  • No, definitely not

4 26.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Eliza with my last name

Unfortunately, it does sound a little strange. I think Elizabeth Head is much better and you can always call her Eliza!

Re: Eliza with my last name - POLL ADDED

Grrr, this is getting so frustrating! The more it seems like I *can't* use Eliza, the more I really *want* to! LOL!

I know using Elizabeth, nn Eliza, seems like the best compromise, but the name loses all its charm for me when you add "beth" on the end. I can't explain why, exactly, the names just have completely different personalities.

Re: Eliza with my last name - POLL ADDED

Quote Originally Posted by amberiris
    Grrr, this is getting so frustrating! The more it seems like I *can't* use Eliza, the more I really *want* to! LOL!

I know using Elizabeth, nn Eliza, seems like the best compromise, but the name loses all its charm for me when you add "beth" on the end. I can't explain why, exactly, the names just have completely different personalities.
    I completely understand. And you know, while Elizabeth may add some, dare I say, normalcy to Head, Eliza isn't the worst by any means. And for me, I only hear "it lies ahead" if I stop to think about it, which most people probably won't do. If the flow bothers you, seek other options. But if you love it, you love it.