Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Given last name Head, is Eliza usable as a first name? Eliza Head ...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds ok to me

4 26.67%
  • Not great, but usable

7 46.67%
  • No, definitely not

4 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eliza with my last name - POLL ADDED

Husband and I have narrowed down our list to Eliza, Lilah and Eleanor for our baby girl due in late April. We are both leaning toward Eliza, and it's the one we agree on the most, but here's the problem: Our last name. I know this is not a great combo, but ... is it really truly terrible?? Does it make Eliza unusable?

Eliza Head

What do you think??

Re: Eliza with my last name

Hi!

I love Eliza! :-) Eliza Head does sound close to "it lies ahead" (or at least "lies ahead") to me. Hmmm...I don't think it's the worst, but like you said, it's not the best.

Is there any chance that your last name is pronounced like "heed," to rhyme with the words "read"/"reed"?

Take care!

As Jill mentioned, my first thought was that you're in the clear if your last name is pronounced like heed. But, since you came on here to post this concern, I'm guessing it's just plain old head. I hate to add more problems, but I actually think you're going to hit a snag with Eleanor Head as well - sounds a lot like "all in your head."
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Thanks for the replies! No, unfortunately it's pronounced just like it looks: "head." ~sigh~

I wish I didn't hear "it lies ahead" with Eliza Head. I was hoping it was just me, but I saw that JLM thought so, too.

Have you thought about Elizabeth? It's not totally perfect with Head, either, but I don't hear any phrases with Elizabeth Head!

Take care... :-)