Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tag??

tag??

What does everyone think of the name Tag Jones? I think I like it, but not sure if it is too weird. I want something different because of the common last name. Any opininons would be very helpful. :)

Re: tag??

Honestly... no. As a little boy chances are he'll spend a lot of his days playing tag, as in the game where you run around tagging people yelling "you're it!". Things would get confusing for him and possible teasing potential is blatant.

Aside from that, when he's growing up he has to be the Tag who's trying to get dates with girls then the Tag who might want to be a heart surgeon or a rocket scientist, would you take someone seriously if they were called Tag?

To me it's definitely not a name and has no potential to be a name. If it's different you're after, there are plenty of actual names, not invented ones, with real history and meaning. Some suggestions:

Tabor
    Taddeo
    Tahoe
    Tait
    Taj
    Talbot
    Tamir
    Tane
    Taurus
    Taye
    Teague
    Terre
    Tex
    Thane
    Thayer
    Theon
    Thor
    Thorpe
    Timon
    Tino
    Tito
    Topher
    Torin
    Truman
    Twain

Any of those appeal to you? Good Luck:)

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

Don't like it, I think the one before me had some good alternatives

I agree with the above. It sounds very Sarah Palin to me: Trig, Track, Tag... It has a lot of energy and may sound like a 'cool' name, but I don't think it has enough substance to serve a boy well throughout life.

I agree with the previous posters about it not being a good idea to make Tag your son's full first name. BUT, I also happen to think that Tag is a very fun and playful nickname. Tag Jones sounds like a lively, spirited little boy and even like a pretty cool guy when he's all grown up (so long as he has something else to put on his resume, etc). I think the way to go here is to come up with a name that allows you to use Tag as a nickname. Maybe you could do two middle names and have initials that spell Tag?
    For example, Thomas Adam Gregory Jones.
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast