Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Name for a redhead?

As a redhead yourself, would you mind being called Ruby?? If the answer is no, maybe you shouldn't be too quick to dismiss it? Maybe create a little poll for fellow red heads - either friends you know or on the net - see if they would mind being called Ruby?

I think if you have a red head her name should be one of these

Deidre
    Audrey
    Aurora
    Psalm 23

Hi! :-)

If you're unsure about Ruby, an Anne name---Anne/Annabelle/Anna--nickname Annie, also reminds me of a redhead because of Little Orphan Annie and Anne of Green Gables. I think that Anne, nn Annie, with Maggie is adorable!

You may also like Rose as a first name.

I love Susan's idea of Rory, because it's less overtly red than Ruby, which seems like a concern of yours. (I love Ruby, by the way.) You may also like Ruby, or even Scarlett, in the middle.

Good luck! :-)

I actually know a redhead called Ruby and she's the cutest thing! As far as I know, there has never been an issue with her name and her hair and I think its adorably fitting!

Thanks so much for all of your feedback!

-I loooove Rory, but it happens to be my best friend's husbands name, so I guess it's out
    -Annie is definitely high on our list. Love it!
    -Would I mind being named Ruby as a redhead? I don't think so. I was called "Woody Woodpecker" and "Red" growing up, so I kids will poke fun of any kind of difference, regardless.

Lots of great advice. Thanks again!