Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Name for a redhead?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    Is Maggie's full name Maggie, or is it Margaret? I like Ruby a lot with Margaret, but it has the same end sound as Maggie, so...

I could see a little red-head being named Cassandra (beautiful classic!), Gloria, Genevieve, Rosemary, Sarah (Sadie!), or Cate (for Catherine?).

Good luck!

Lemon :-)
    Maggie is her full name, and I do agree with Ruby having the same end sound. Those are great suggestions!

It would be cute and fitting. I know a redhead named autumn and i always thought that was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by merylp
    It would be cute and fitting. I know a redhead named autumn and i always thought that was cute.
    That's great to hear. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jennynic
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    Is Maggie's full name Maggie, or is it Margaret? I like Ruby a lot with Margaret, but it has the same end sound as Maggie, so...

I could see a little red-head being named Cassandra (beautiful classic!), Gloria, Genevieve, Rosemary, Sarah (Sadie!), or Cate (for Catherine?).

Good luck!

Maggie is her full name, and I do agree with Ruby having the same end sound. Those are great suggestions!
    I love Sarah with Maggie, and you can lighten it up with the Sadie nickname! Both Maggie and Sarah say red-head (or blond or light brown) to me!

Ruby was my great-grandmother's name, and it is on my list to honor her, too. It is a great name, too.

"Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

Ruby is so cute. I wonder though if it would be too much for a redhead. It's really idiotic, but apparently kids make fun of redheads sometimes. I think Aurora nn Rory would be very pretty. Aurora means "dawn" which is very red and Rory means "red king". In this case Rory could mean "red queen" if you want. Most people would not know the meaning of Aurora and Rory.