Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Name for a redhead?

Our baby girl is due in 2 weeks and we've yet to settle on a name. We have a little girl named Maggie, so we're looking for something in the same vein. I love all of the vintage, old-fashioned names, and we especially like Ruby. But I'm a little worried that if she's a redhead, it might be a little much. (My mom and I are both redheads.) What do you think? I'm thinking of going with Ruby, and then if she's born with red hair, naming her Georgia, which we also love. Do you think a redhead "Ruby" would be overkill or she'd be made fun of, or do you think it would be cute and fitting? Any advice is much appreciated!

Re: Name for a redhead?

I personally love the name Roux (roo) and it means "red" en francais. The only thing is it may also be a type of lard.... lol, might want to check that. Also, I think Ruby is adorable for a little redheaded girl! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bounceparty
    I personally love the name Roux (roo) and it means "red" en francais. The only thing is it may also be a type of lard.... lol, might want to check that. Also, I think Ruby is adorable for a little redheaded girl! Good luck!
    Thanks a bunch! Roux is adorable, and I think Ruby is starting to grow on me for a little redhead!

I think you have two really good choices!
    If she does have red hair maybe you could do Georgia Ruby?

I don't know if it would be too much or not..I have a girl in my class with dark hair and her name is Raven..no one teases her.

Is Maggie's full name Maggie, or is it Margaret? I like Ruby a lot with Margaret, but it has the same end sound as Maggie, so...

I could see a little red-head being named Cassandra (beautiful classic!), Gloria, Genevieve, Rosemary, Sarah (Sadie!), or Cate (for Catherine?).

Good luck!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude