Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Penn Jillette says about his daughter's name:

Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller became a father to Moxie CrimeFighter Jillette on June 3, 2005.

Of naming his daughter something so wacky he says, "I think it's pretty cruel to give a kid a name that others are going to have...I love the name Moxie, I love that's it's a purely American word, and those are rare, and I love that it stands for old fashioned spunk and energy. Emily (his wife) pushed for her middle name, "CrimeFighter" because Emily doesn't have a middle name and thinks middle names are stupid. So, it's just a joke. When she gets pulled over by the police she can show her license and say, 'We're on the same side, officer, my middle name is CrimeFighter.'"
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: What Penn Jillette says about his daughter's name:

Moxie is actually kind of cool. I love Roxy so there you go. CrimeFighter, well I'll sadly admit that a sick part of me thought Danger would be awesome for a middle name. I guess it's not that original. I think if you're going to get wild and crazy with names the middle spot is the place for them. I definitely don't think middle names are stupid. As much I'm not really in love with my middle name I'm absolutely glad I have one.

Hehe, Moxie CrimeFighter is my favorite celebrity baby name---ever! I plan to name my first daughter Magnolia nn Moxie (I know, it's a stretch!). I love Moxie for all the reasons he said, I think it's just so great. I love most girls names that end in -xie.

We briefly (really, REALLY briefly) thought about using Danger as a middle name. We knew of someone who was naming their baby Jamison Danger and my hubby thought that was SO cool! I agree with you about the middle name being the spot for something crazy. Sometimes I wish I had a really fun middle name. There are some surnames in my family tree like Bliss and Darling, I sort of want to use them as middle names.

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Magnolia nn Moxie, I love it! I'm starting to think that are some amazing nn's hidden in so many names just waiting to be used.
    The name Darling has been floating in my head lately. I think it would make well a "darling" middle name. Lydia Darling I think is divine but I know my DH would never go for it. I feel like rallying for Darling :)

There are definitely amazing nicknames that are as yet undiscovered! Jill discovered Red as a nickname for Frederick (and I suppose any other Fred name) and I was stunned. It is now my absolute favorite!

Lydia Darling is SO flippin' cute!! You should rally for it, for sure! One of my ancestors was Abigail Darling, that is so pretty. There are a lot of Blisses in my family, but two of my favorites are Dorothy Bliss and Experience Bliss. Can you imagine naming a kid Experience Bliss? But she was born in 1649, so I guess it wasn't so weird then.

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

-James Franco