23 16.20%
  • Asher Yeats(favorite poet) Wood

18 12.68%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Re: My husband just put his foot down!

Quote Originally Posted by irishmom
    Wow!
    This post was resurrected!
    I'm pretty sure we're going to stick with Alec Ronan Wood.
    I haven't given boy names much thought lately as I have a feeling we're having a girl.
    I'm still in love with Malcolm but my other kids dislike it. I adore Ezra but my hubby thinks it's awful (crazy, right?). Asher was my hubby's favorite name all along but I don't like the idea of it being shortened to Ash and I don't think it fits particularly well with the rest of the kid's names.

Thanks for everyone's responses!

Tara
    Great choice! I really like Alec Rowan Wood!! I'm glad you were able to sway your husband from Asher! Congrats and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dotsmom
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmom
    Wow!
    This post was resurrected!
    I'm pretty sure we're going to stick with Alec Ronan Wood.
    I haven't given boy names much thought lately as I have a feeling we're having a girl.
    I'm still in love with Malcolm but my other kids dislike it. I adore Ezra but my hubby thinks it's awful (crazy, right?). Asher was my hubby's favorite name all along but I don't like the idea of it being shortened to Ash and I don't think it fits particularly well with the rest of the kid's names.

Thanks for everyone's responses!

Tara
    Great choice! I really like Alec Rowan Wood!! I'm glad you were able to sway your husband from Asher! Congrats and good luck!
    Awww! Thanks Dotsmom!
    I appreciate you're support :)

Tara

Wow, this is amazing... not sure if Tara will read this old post, but I would love to tell her that my two sons are named Leo and Asher! I guess we nameberries are truly of similar minds...

I like any of the two-syllable middle names, they seem to balance the single-syllable Wood best.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by amimi
    Wow, this is amazing... not sure if Tara will read this old post, but I would love to tell her that my two sons are named Leo and Asher! I guess we nameberries are truly of similar minds...

I like any of the two-syllable middle names, they seem to balance the single-syllable Wood best.

Good luck!

Hi Amimi!
    I was surprised to see this post revived! That is funny that your boys are Leo and Asher! If our last name weren't Wood, I'm pretty sure that we would go with Asher for this baby's name. However, there were lots of folks who pointed out that Ash (if the name were to be shortened) Wood sounds silly. We've chosen Alec for this baby but we'll definitely keep Asher in mind for a middle name slot down the road.

Thanks for your response! Handsome names you've chosen for your boys :)

Take care-
    Tara