4 2.82%
  • Asher Hawk (family name) Wood

23 16.20%
  • Asher Yeats(favorite poet) Wood

18 12.68%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: My husband just put his foot down!

Quote Originally Posted by followleader
    How interesting! I just discovered this message board and made a post that we are also considering Asher and Ezra for our baby boy.
    Hey followleader! I like your style!

:)
    Tara

Quote Originally Posted by disa_lan
    I voted for Asher Rhys Wood and Asher Lochlan Wood.
    Even with the back to back "r's" I still think Asher Rhys works very well. The "k" and "l" sounds of Lochlan, compliment Asher.
    I will tell you that Asher will most likely get shortened to Ash. I have sister named Ashley and we do call her Ash at times and so do her friends. When she started smoking, as a way to tease her we called her ashtray. Horrible I know.
    All that said I like Ash as a nn. Ash Wood does feel very natural, dare I say almost hippie. Not that being hippie is a bad thing, I like to call it "granola". I hope none of that was taken wrong, all this being said from some one who was almost named Sunshine.
    No offense taken :)
    I think you're right...
    One of my hesitations with the name Asher is that it will be shortened to Ash and that makes it sound feminine to me. I know that Ashley can be a male name too but Ash/Ashley sounds all girl to me.

I appreciate your reply-thank you!

Tara

Okay. The more I think about it, the Ash Wood thing is troubling me. I mentioned it agian to my hubby last night and he just doesn't see what the big deal is. He says that "Ash" is still a cool nickname and he doesn't think that people are going to put together the "wood" and "ash" connection b/c most people don't say full names all together.

What should I say? He really has his heart set on this name and I can't change our last name. I don't want to turn it into an argument with him but I also don't want to be aggravated by my kid's name for the rest of my life.

Advice?

:{

Thanks-
    Tara

I am sure you have tried this but what about Archer Wood? Arch or Archie is adorable but Archer is not that long and I doubt it would ever get a nn.

I think there is room for compromise here. Ash Wood would make people laugh but it would be fine in the middle name spot.

It pays to have a look at the name and if it is going to be a potential problem for the child change it.
    Psalm 23