Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Basil?

Ace - Angus (love this, what do you think?): I think it's handsome...I also love Gus, I but I know that's the expected nickname...
    Frisco - Francisco: Handsome...
    Indie - Indiana, Indio: I like it...Do you like Indigo?
    Link - Lincoln: I love this, and think it's so cool with Dashiell. Oh! I can also see Truman with Dashiell...
    Sully/Van - Sullivan (I don't like this, though): You could also get Van from Evander and Sully from Solomon (Solly is more obvious, though...)
    Augie- August: I love this so much, and I knew the most handsome August (Augie) when I was a teenager.
    Hardy/Hart - Richard: I'll vote for Hart because of "hard" jokes in middle school. :-)
    Oz- Oscar, Ozias, etc.: Very cool....
    Rusty/Rush - Russell: I think of Rush Limbaugh, so I like some of the others more....
    West - Wesley: I love it!!!
    Domino- Dominic: Handsome...
    Dex - Declan/Dexter: I love it! Add Dexter to that jaunty list I wrote...
    Ziggy - Isaac: So cute!!!

For Frisco, what about Frederick as a first name for the FR and an S middle and a C middle? (Frederick Samuel Conrad= Frisco...) And what about Francis? You could call a Francis "Frisco."

My favorites: Lincoln, August, the Oz names, Wesley/West, Ziggy/Isaac (so cute!)...

You always come up with the best names!

Aw, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well today. Are you better now? I hope so! I adore Julie Andrews, too. She is probably my favorite actress of all time. Did I ever tell you I saw her in person at the UCLA Bookfair? There was an absurd line to get her autograph and I was unfortunately with a club that was not willing to wait. But she was there and I saw her! She read a book aloud to kids, it was great! Oh and you know in the Princess Diaries when they do the arm wrestling? Well I've been there and wrestled that very same mechanical arm!

Mm, yogurt and banana sounds good in a crepe. Dash hasn't had dairy yet, but I think I will try that myself. I would love the recipe for the dip, it sounds so delicious.

I love your "jaunty" description. I think I will go with that! The name Dashiell does feel that way to me for sure.

Augustin - I prefer August, think that works?
    Ambrose - This is such a cool name, too cool for me, I think, but it's awesome. I feel the same about Alistair.
    Bryon - Is this just Brian spelled different? Or Byron? I love the ry sound .
    Barnaby - I'd call him Abey, cute :)
    Conrad - I love Conrad because of Bye, Bye Birdie. Rad!
    Clive - This is cool! Dashiell and Clive are pretty awesome together.
    Felix - I used to love Felix, but something about feels off to me now
    Hugo - I don't know why, but I'm not on the Hugo bandwagon yet
    Lionel - LOVE this one, it's one of my favorite ways to get to Leo, one of my top names
    Milo - one of my best friends recently changed his name to Miles, so I wouldn't feel right using Milo, but I love it.
    Otto - Otto is so interesting. Otmar is a family name on Chris' side that his dad would love someone to use... I thought about using Otto instead... but what would the nickname be?
    Piers - Really cool
    Quillen - Ah! Is Quillen a real name? I love it! I've been in love with Quill since I read Twilight! I could really see this with Dashiell.
    Raphael - So cool but not right for us
    Sebastian - I'd want to call him Bash, and Dash and Bash is a no-no
    Thaddeus - Intriguing...
    Winston - This is cool, but would the nickname be Win?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

For Frisco, what about Frederick as a first name for the FR and an S middle and a C middle? (Frederick Samuel Conrad= Frisco...) And what about Francis? You could call a Francis "Frisco."

My favorites: Lincoln, August, the Oz names, Wesley/West, Ziggy/Isaac (so cute!)...

You always come up with the best names![/quote]

Your favorites are most of my favorites, too! I really like Ziggy for Isaac, and I love that Isaac means laughter. I love Oz, but I don't really love any of the longer versions (I do like Oscar, but I don't like it with my last name), and I don't think I'd use it on it's own. I've been crushing on Wesley nn West for a very long time, now. It'd be kinda cool since I'm from the west coast and we'll be hopefully living on the east coast, so it would honor my roots. I also know an Augie in high school, I always loved his name. He was a punk, he had the hugest spikes in his hair, he was really cool. And of course Lincoln, Chris' number 1. I like it, don't love it. I always see streets and schools and cars and everything called Lincoln, and that puts me off it.

I like your ideas to get Frisco. I love me some Frederick. I don't have any S or C family names to use, though... boo. Francis is my baby nephew's middle name, so it's out.

Oh, and I love Indigo... but I get the feeling it's gone to the girls, though I prefer it for a boy.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Quote Originally Posted by lyndsayjenness
    Aw, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well today. Are you better now? I hope so! I adore Julie Andrews, too. She is probably my favorite actress of all time. Did I ever tell you I saw her in person at the UCLA Bookfair? There was an absurd line to get her autograph and I was unfortunately with a club that was not willing to wait. But she was there and I saw her! She read a book aloud to kids, it was great! Oh and you know in the Princess Diaries when they do the arm wrestling? Well I've been there and wrestled that very same mechanical arm!

Mm, yogurt and banana sounds good in a crepe. Dash hasn't had dairy yet, but I think I will try that myself. I would love the recipe for the dip, it sounds so delicious.

I love your "jaunty" description. I think I will go with that! The name Dashiell does feel that way to me for sure.

Augustin - I prefer August, think that works?
    Ambrose - This is such a cool name, too cool for me, I think, but it's awesome. I feel the same about Alistair.
    Bryon - Is this just Brian spelled different? Or Byron? I love the ry sound .
    Barnaby - I'd call him Abey, cute :)
    Conrad - I love Conrad because of Bye, Bye Birdie. Rad!
    Clive - This is cool! Dashiell and Clive are pretty awesome together.
    Felix - I used to love Felix, but something about feels off to me now
    Hugo - I don't know why, but I'm not on the Hugo bandwagon yet
    Lionel - LOVE this one, it's one of my favorite ways to get to Leo, one of my top names
    Milo - one of my best friends recently changed his name to Miles, so I wouldn't feel right using Milo, but I love it.
    Otto - Otto is so interesting. Otmar is a family name on Chris' side that his dad would love someone to use... I thought about using Otto instead... but what would the nickname be?
    Piers - Really cool
    Quillen - Ah! Is Quillen a real name? I love it! I've been in love with Quill since I read Twilight! I could really see this with Dashiell.
    Raphael - So cool but not right for us
    Sebastian - I'd want to call him Bash, and Dash and Bash is a no-no
    Thaddeus - Intriguing...
    Winston - This is cool, but would the nickname be Win?
    Oh, I'm fine now. Thanks! :-) That's so cool that you went to one of Julie Andrews' readings! I love her children's books. I saw her on Broadway (Victor/Victoria) right before she had the surgery that ruined her vocal chords (so sad). I was sitting in the front row, and it was such a great experience.

You wrestled on the arm? That's great! I want to do that! A few months ago, I was watching HBO and saw the remake of Little Miss Marker with Julie Andrews. I had totally forgotten that she was in that movie!

Here's the recipe for the dip (it's from Jif):

1/2 cup marshmallow creme
    1/4 cup JIF Creamy Peanut Butter
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    2 teaspoons water

1. Combine ingredients in small bowl. Whisk until blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.

I really loved it! I hope the inventor of marshmallow creme won a Nobel Prize. Brilliant... :-)

Yes, I totally think that August works! I only listed Augustin because you'd already listed August. I meant Byron, so Bryon was a typo. Oops! I love Conrad, nn Rad, and I LOVE Dashiell with Clive! I forgot that you love Leo! It's one of my favorites, too!

I can't really think of any nicknames for Otto. The Otto I knew went by Otto (actually, I knew two Ottos who were called Otto, no nickname). Hmm... If he had a Z middle, he could be Oz.

Whoa! I just looked up Quillen, and it says it's a variation of Quillan, which is pronounced Kill-an! Yikes!It's also a variation of Quillon, which is pronounced Kill-on! Too bad...I thought it was pronounced like Quill-en. Darn!

Do you like Whittaker?

I love Wesley/West with Dashiell. Frederick has really been growing on me lately... I'd love to meet another Augie!

For Frederick, what's your favorite nickname? I like Fred and Freddy. If someone is really adventurous, they could even go with Red! (Awe, that reminds me of Fraggle Rock, one of my favorite shows when I was little. There was a Fraggle named Red.) I can't remember the last time I met a little Frederick/Fred/Freddie, and I'd love to hear it!