Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Merging Two Names to Make a New One

My first name is Rosy and my middle name is Ander my username for everything is rosyander but Ive been thinking lately about how well this would work as a first name? Would it need to be spelled differently (ie rosiander) in order to look right? (I hate kre8tive spellings).

Has anyone else merged two of their favorite names to make a perfect new and unique name for their kiddos? What were they?

Re: Merging Two Names to Make a New One

To be perfectly blunt, I HATE when parents combine too names to make a new one for their child. I think it is so tacky!

Quote Originally Posted by rosyander
    My first name is Rosy and my middle name is Ander my username for everything is rosyander but Ive been thinking lately about how well this would work as a first name? Would it need to be spelled differently (ie rosiander) in order to look right? (I hate kre8tive spellings).

Has anyone else merged two of their favorite names to make a perfect new and unique name for their kiddos? What were they?
    Hi,

I think i'd keep the "y" rather then "i" or "ie".

I know a "Rosebella" : rose+bella
    " SaraJessica" : in case ppl would just call her sarah
    and " Elisabelle" : elise/a+ isabelle though i read that Elisabella is italian for Elisabeth

I think it can be ok if done correctly. For example, if you want to name the baby after grandmas Rose and Mary it would be great to use Rosemary for the baby's name. But when it gets outside the realm of real names it does become a little tacky. Or another acceptable way of adding names together is to use a hyphen or two fist names like Mary-Kate, AnneMarie etc. Not really my personal favorite, but it is widly accepted in our culture.

Side note, the actor Shemar Moore (the actor that plays Morgan in "Criminal Minds") is named for his parents Sherrod and Marilyn. Shemar is the first three letters of each of their names. I wouldn't recommend this, but I guess it works for some peope.

I agree with the previous posts about it being ok with names that are already accepted as double names. I'm sorry, but Rosyander does sound like a 'made up' name.