Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Desperate and nameless

I love the alliteration of Clementine Cook! Cleo and Emme/Emmy are my favorite nicknames for Clementine. :-)

I think Clementine and Archer are great together!

Good luck!

I don't have a million options for you but I thought

Emery

might be cute. And it sounded good with Archer, both with the R in it. Hope you find something.

Quote Originally Posted by rosypoesy
    i love clementine cook!! i think the nn em/emme would work too.
    I love Clementine Cook and how original to think of Emmy/Emma as a nn.

The only nn I could think of was "lemon".
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by tash
    Quote Originally Posted by dejna
    If its a very unusual name you are after, may i suggest a french name:
    Apolline (ah-poh-lee-nah) greek for sun-goddess/ female for Apollo (sun god). Features in Harry potter.

Sounds great with Archer
    I totally sympathise! I am french but live in britain so finding a name is extremelly hard!
    A- names on my list you might like are:

Arabella
    Amelie (with accent on first e) pron A-MAE-LEE
    Aimeline (EM-LIN)
    Aurelie (with accent on first e again) or-E-lee
    Adelaide though prob not for australia??

Thanks for your suggestion Dejna! Will try it on with my hubby. Another French name I loved was Anais, but unfortunately I live in Australia and it would most certainly be pronounced incorrectly by 99% of the population. I must admit I do like names starting with A. Other names I have considered are:
    Amity
    Asia
    Avalon
    Tabitha
    Mila
    Aerin
    Avery

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by susan
    This English young woman told me that Clemmy is a nn for Clementine. I said that Clemmy sounds kind of like Clammy. She said that in England, Clemmy was very stylish.
    It's true! I have met many a little Clemmie - it's sweet, but as nicknames go, it doesn't bowl me over. That said, personally I would be fine with other people calling my hypothetical daughter Clementine 'Clemmie' if I could still call her Clementine - which I could.

You could use Emmie, but Emma is so popular ... Tina is a little dated, too.

I've never been to Australia, but here in England we love nicknames, too, but I still know many people with longer names (an Adelaide, a Helena and an Eleanor, several Victorias, Elizabeths, and Catherines, for example) who only go by their full name. They introduce themselves as Adelaide, don't prompt any nicknaming, perhaps make a point of saying "Oh, I hate Addie. I'm so glad that no-one ever calls me Addie," and people don't nickname them, or when they do it is unrelated to their name (I used to teach a Catherine who was Bean amongst her friends, and always Catherine otherwise).

Good luck!