Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Desperate and nameless

Hi all,

I am expecting my second child (a baby girl) soon and have no idea what to name her. My husband and I just can't agree. I wanted a name not in the top 100, as our surname is Cook. Her brother's name is Archer Dallas Cook. Please help me I am desperate!!!

Re: Desperate and nameless

If its a very unusual name you are after, may i suggest a french name:
    Apolline (ah-poh-lee-nah) greek for sun-goddess/ female for Apollo (sun god). Features in Harry potter.

Sounds great with Archer

Quote Originally Posted by dejna
    If its a very unusual name you are after, may i suggest a french name:
    Apolline (ah-poh-lee-nah) greek for sun-goddess/ female for Apollo (sun god). Features in Harry potter.

Sounds great with Archer
    Thanks for your suggestion Dejna! Will try it on with my hubby. Another French name I loved was Anais, but unfortunately I live in Australia and it would most certainly be pronounced incorrectly by 99% of the population. I must admit I do like names starting with A. Other names I have considered are:
    Amity
    Asia
    Avalon
    Tabitha
    Mila
    Aerin
    Avery

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tash
    Hi all,

I am expecting my second child (a baby girl) soon and have no idea what to name her. My husband and I just can't agree. I wanted a name not in the top 100, as our surname is Cook. Her brother's name is Archer Dallas Cook. Please help me I am desperate!!!
    I just heard a new (new to me) name yesterday, and I love it...Alina. It a version of Helen. Or how about Helena?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Audrey & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Grace & James Frederick, Claire Elizabeth & Luke Alexander