Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Could Izzy be a nn for Ines/Inez?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally!

13 86.67%
  • Ummm....No.

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Could Izzy be a nn for Ines/Inez?

Quote Originally Posted by pam
    I would say absolutely yes, but here's what comes to mind, and it's occurred to me with a lot of other popular name/nickname combinations: Why choose a nickname that's FAR more popular and trendy than the proper name? To me, choosing Izzy -- cute, but pandemic thanks to the legions of little Isabellas and Isabels, not to mention Isaacs and Isaiahs -- is so much less distinctive than Inez or Ines.

I guess the point might be to give your child an easy-to-like nickname with a more special and perhaps difficult formal name to fall back on, and that's fine. But sometimes it seems as if parents are picking these distinctive names and then backing away from them by using a more ordinary nickname.
    Second all of that.

And if you have a Bella already, it's too cutesy.

Re: Could Izzy be a nn for Ines/Inez?

Quote Originally Posted by triplicate
    Quote Originally Posted by pam
    I would say absolutely yes, but here's what comes to mind, and it's occurred to me with a lot of other popular name/nickname combinations: Why choose a nickname that's FAR more popular and trendy than the proper name? To me, choosing Izzy -- cute, but pandemic thanks to the legions of little Isabellas and Isabels, not to mention Isaacs and Isaiahs -- is so much less distinctive than Inez or Ines.

I guess the point might be to give your child an easy-to-like nickname with a more special and perhaps difficult formal name to fall back on, and that's fine. But sometimes it seems as if parents are picking these distinctive names and then backing away from them by using a more ordinary nickname.
    Second all of that.

And if you have a Bella already, it's too cutesy.
    Okay...what about Nessa or Nessie?