Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: What do you think of Clara?

Hi! I love Clara, too! I think it's elegant and sweet at the same time, and it's becoming one of my favorite vintage names. :-) I know of two Claras, both of whom are very kind and bright.

Good luck! :-)

Clara is a lovely name! Clara Isabel(le) would be lovely too :)

Hello!

I adore Clara! It is a recent addition to my own name list - I like it because it reminds me of my childhood "hero," Clara Barton (ironically, it turns out Ms. Barton's name was really Clarissa) - and its vintage yet modern sound appeals to me.

I envision Clara to be a quiet, sophisticated young lady with honey brown hair falling to her shoulder in soft waves. Her bright blue eyes are curious and intelligent, and her voice is calm and strong. Clara is a professional, an independent spirit yet a leader at heart. She is opinionated yet careful in expressing her thoughts. She is a kind and thoughtful friend, and her wit and good charm are endearing qualities that serve to enhance her intelligence. Clara is pretty and sweet, quiet and thoughtful, delicate and brave.

Some of my personal Clara favorites are Clara Genevieve and Clara Josephine, though I think Clara Margaret is lovely as well.

Good luck! Take care.

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

I find Clara a harsh sounding name.

PS Clarissa beats it hands down. I think Clarissa is very pretty.
    Psalm 23