Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Sister for Adelaide: Caroline, Isla or Serena?

I seem to be in the minority but Caroline (while lovely) doesn't feel as special as Adelaide to me. I like lemon's suggestion of Lorelei. If you are definitely using one of these three, I would vote Serena. It's of a different style than Adelaide but I think it matches in familiar-but-unusualness.

gwensmom, you hit on my concern. Caroline is much more common than the other two options. Both dad and I have very unusual names so I'm having trouble feeling comfortable with a name I will see everywhere.

Lorelei just makes me think of Gilmore Girls. Any other suggestions that are classic but not too common? I think Naomi fits this description, but dad doesn't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wv
    gwensmom, you hit on my concern. Caroline is much more common than the other two options. Both dad and I have very unusual names so I'm having trouble feeling comfortable with a name I will see everywhere.

Lorelei just makes me think of Gilmore Girls. Any other suggestions that are classic but not too common? I think Naomi fits this description, but dad doesn't love it.
    Lorelei reminds me of Gilmore Girls, too, and I suggested it. Whoops!

With Adelaide, you might try Beatrice, Cecily, Cora, Cordelia, Dorothea, Eugenie, Flora, Harriet, Hazel, Imogen, Muriel, Penelope, or Viola.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Adelaide and:

Coraline (more unusual than Caroline)
    Cordelia (oops..not the best flow with the middle name...)
    Clementine (reminds me of Caroline)
    Cecily (I love alliteration, but on second thought, Cecily August Swanson is really sss heavy....)
    Eleanor
    Emmeline
    Genevieve
    Josephine
    Mirabel
    Mariel
    Penelope (nn Poppy or Nell...)
    Vivian

I tried to include names with ending sounds like Caroline, but I really love the names that don't end in an N sound with your last name.

Good luck! :-)