Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What first names go with the middle name Ella?

What first name would go well with the middle name Ella (after her great-grandmother) and a "Mc" surname? We like classic names but would prefer not to have a name in the top 10 or 20. Coming up with names is harder than it sounds. :)

So fill in the blank: _______ Ella Mc---.

Re: What first names go with the middle name Ella?

Quote Originally Posted by awm
    What first name would go well with the middle name Ella (after her great-grandmother) and a "Mc" surname? We like classic names but would prefer not to have a name in the top 10 or 20. Coming up with names is harder than it sounds. :)

So fill in the blank: _______ Ella Mc---.
    Hi! Ella is a tough one in the middle, because it attaches to the end of the first name, sounding like a long name that ends with "Ella." Hmm... I think the "Ella" name issue is less obvious with a longer first name, but that may just be me.

Hmm...You may like:

Josephine Ella Mc___
    Margaret Ella Mc___ (nn Maisie or Daisy)
    Vivian Ella Mc____
    Beatrice Ella Mc____

Of the above, I think that Margaret Ella sounds the least like one long -ella name. (I'm saying Margaret with three syllables--the middle one is subtle, but I know a lot of people pronounce it with only two.)

You could also incorporate El, Ella, or Elle into the first or middle name:

Annabelle/Annabella
    Arabella
    Mirabelle
    Marielle
    Rosabelle
    Eliza
    Elizabeth
    Eleanor/Eleanora
    Eloise

Good luck! :-)

cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    Hi! Ella is a tough one in the middle, because it attaches to the end of the first name, sounding like a long name that ends with "Ella." Hmm... I think the "Ella" name issue is less obvious with a longer first name, but that may just be me.
    I'm glad I could give you a challenge. :) I think you're right about it generally working better with longer names. I like your suggestion of Margaret, so I'll definitely add that to the list.

I'm not quite as fond of combining Ella into the first name, just because it's not as much of a tribute that way. Thanks for your ideas.

*Mother to twins Charles and Samuel*