Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Having a very hard time agreeing on a boy's name.

Quote Originally Posted by cashewnutcoffeebean
    Unfortunately, anything old fashioned paired with Lemuel sounds like I'm naming a 90 year old man. Also, something shorter (7 letters or less) would be ideal.
    I'd say that a short first name would probably tend to emphasize the middle when they're all said. I'd probably go for a slightly longer first name as well. The first one that comes to mind is Alastair/Alistair/Alasdair/etc. With a Mc-name, really Scottish, so only if that's your style. I get a distinctly British feel, at least, from the names so far. Or maybe a last-to-first-name; those tend to carry weight when you say them. Something without an L in it, for some reason I'm thinking T-endings - Prescott, Corbett, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cashewnutcoffeebean
    Quote Originally Posted by m25111
    How about shortening Benedict to Bennet?
    He doesn't like Bennet either. :( Says it sounds to yuppie. He does like Ben as a nn, but Bennet, Beniot, Benison, all got vetoed by him. He likes Benjamin... but I'm really trying to stay away from top 100.
    What about Bentley or Benson? Bentley Lemuel Mc------ sounds cute, modern, and handsome!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

I love Jude Lemuel and Reed Lemuel!

I think it's really nice of you to agree to Lemuel, a name you don't really love. I hope you're able to find a first name that YOU love!
    :-)

Calvin Lemuel Mc____
    Grant Lemuel Mc_____
    Reuben Lemuel Mc______ (for some reason, the ooo sounds don't sound matchy to me here...Hmm...)
    Stewart Lemuel Mc_____ (ditto...)
    Vincent Lemuel Mc______
    Vaughn Lemuel Mc______
    Winston Lemuel Mc_____
    Zane Lemuel Mc______

Alden is a Colonial name like Lemuel--but modern sounding-- that you may like...

Take care! :-)

Psalm 23

If it helps at all, Lemuel was the first name of Swift's eponymous character from "Gulliver's Travels".

Maybe a "G" first name - such as Garett, Gordon, Graeme - with Lemuel could yield the nickname Gulliver?