Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Having a very hard time agreeing on a boy's name.

I'm pregnant with our second child, gender is uncertain, and my husband and I are having an extremely difficult time picking a baby name for a boy. I've gone through countless names on the internet, asked for help from baby namers, forums, everything. Names we've gone through are:

Benedict - was a solid choice, until we discovered the teasing that could come from the last syllable.
    Nolan - was meant for a middle to Benedict, too common for a first name.
    Lachlan - was our decision for a bit, doesn't flow with the middle name we want now.
    Evander - was meant for a middle to Lachlan, don't like it quite enough for a first name.
    Broderick - Too long with our long last name.
    Donovan - reminded husband of a brat in elementary school
    Malcolm - too mmm-y with the middle name and last name.

So, at this point, I'm quite frustrated. Last name starts with Mc, nine letters, 3 syllables. Husband really wants to use Lemuel as a middle name, which was his grandfather's name. I dislike Lemuel, but am making a compromise. Unfortunately, anything old fashioned paired with Lemuel sounds like I'm naming a 90 year old man. Also, something shorter (7 letters or less) would be ideal.

Any ideas?

Re: Having a very hard time agreeing on a boy's name.

How about shortening Benedict to Bennet?

Quote Originally Posted by m25111
    How about shortening Benedict to Bennet?
    He doesn't like Bennet either. :( Says it sounds to yuppie. He does like Ben as a nn, but Bennet, Beniot, Benison, all got vetoed by him. He likes Benjamin... but I'm really trying to stay away from top 100.

Benedict is a great name and I wouldn't worry about the naughty nickname. By the time kids are "smart" enough to think of that one, they'll probably be calling him Ben anyway, which in my opinion you can't go wrong with!

Hmmm.... I think I would stay away from Benedict now that you mention the teasing potential in the last syllable. (I am learning to write better now.)

Ideas

- Lemuel Mc - -:

Archer
    Arthur - so old man that it sounds like you know what you're doing.
    Beckett
    Clive
    Corbin
    Declan
    Dougray - like the actor. Dougray is French.
    Gareth
    Griffin
    Finn
    Harvey
    Hudson
    Jude
    Kenneth - an outhip the Hipsters name. I think it's going to come back in style at least with the Hipsters in the next ten years.
    Lewis
    Maxfield
    Nathan
    Otis
    Peter
    Quentin
    Reed
    Ross
    Stellan
    Tobias nn Toby
    Victor
    Zander