Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Impressions of the name Damian

Damian is one of my husband's favorite names if we have a boy, and I've liked it pretty well, but I'm starting to get concerned about others' reactions to it. I never gave a thought to the fact that it was in The Omen years and years ago, but that seems to really stick with some people. I don't like horor movies and haven't seen The Omen, and I can't see why a movie from so long ago should matter in 2010, but I don't want to give my son a name that people immediately react to negatively, even if it think their reaction is unfounded. What do you think? How do you feel about and react to the name Damian?

Re: Impressions of the name Damian

I also have the connection to the movie, so I'm not really a fan. I've known a few Damians that weren't the greatest of guys, so that doesn't help it either. Have you considered Damon or Dominic?

I'm going to be honest of my impression with the name Damian :/
    I think it is a very handsome and strong sounding name, however, I am in the education field and maaany students I have come across with that name have required a lot of patience on my behalf if you catch my drift :)

;) I work in a middle school and have a Damian right now who's quite a handful- but the thing is, if I eliminated every name that I'd ever associated with a troublesome student, that would eliminate a heck of a lot of names. I just try hard to separate my work (school) life from the rest of my life.

Dominic is another name on our list.

Lol! That's one thing I'm afraid of when I start having children, is if names will be "re-considered" because of my students. But, honestly, when I just think about the name Damian I picture it on a strong and handsome person.