Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Timothy

Re: Timothy

With the two-syllable surname ----tow, any of the one-syllable and four-syllable middle names are likely to flow best. You can test how they sound with your specific last name.

Timothy Charles
    Timothy James
    Timothy John
    Timothy Jude
    Timothy Paul
    Timothy Mark
    Timothy Alexander

If you really love a two-syllable name instead, these could be nice:

Timothy Aaron
    Timothy Adam
    Tmothy Andrew
    Timothy Caleb
    Timothy Daniel
    Timothy David
    Timothy Edward
    Timothy Isaac

I still love your tentative choice of Timothy Joel (as long as you are okay with the long o sounds in both Joel and your surname). It may sound fine depending on the emphasis in your last name and the sounds in between. Your son would not be nicknamed T.J. unless you wanted him to be.

If you want input on new ideas or on opinions for narrowing down your choices, let us know! It will be fun to see what you choose.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

Re: Timothy

Timothy - fantastic choice! We're almost definitely going with Timothy for baby boy due in April (unless he turns out to be a girl!). I live in Scotland and was ever so pleased to find out that last year there were only 3 babies here given then first name Timothy, and 3 given the first name Tim. Totally classic name with a great meaning and which wears well in all circumstances in my opinion.

We are also avoiding 'J' middle names because of the whole 'TJ' potential. I was put off TJ as a nickname when a social worker friend of mine told me a story a couple years back about a young mom who got some hassle at the registry office while attempting to register her son's official name as simply 'TJ', not wishing it to stand for anything. They had to let her do it of course, but seriously!

All the best with your little Timothy :)