Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Timothy

Timothy

Hello,

My wife and I are expecting our first child in March and wanted to seek the advice and input of all of the wonderful folks on this board - we both really like Timothy and are having a bit of trouble with a middle name although we both like Joel that would give our baby the TJ initials and we're not sure if we'd like this or not so what do you think?

Any suggestions for a middle name to go with Timothy or input would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Timothy

How many syllables is your surname?

Timothy is a great choice!! My second son is Timothy. I love the name even more now than I did when he was born!

I think Timothy Joel is a very handsome name! It seems Joel can be pronounced as either one-syllable or two. As indicated by Unicorngal, the middle name is best determined in light of the number of syllables in your last name. Do you have any family names you would like to use???

Timothy Joel -- as noted, very handsome!

or

Some one-syllable options:

Timothy Bruce
    Timothy Charles
    Timothy Craig
    Timothy James
    Timothy John
    Timothy Ross

Some two-syllable options:

Timothy Aaron
    Timothy Adam
    Timothy Daniel
    Timothy Edward
    Timothy Eric
    Timothy Franklin
    Timothy Isaac
    Timothy Leon
    Timothy Marcus

Edit: I realized Matthew does not work - due to the repeated /m/ and /th/ sounds in the names. Adding:

Timothy Andrew
    Timothy Paul
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

Hi! I think that Timothy is really handsome, too, and I love the flow of Timothy Joel. (Even though J will be his middle initial, that doesn't mean people will call him TJ. I know of a Thomas James, and he's Tom, not TJ.) :-)

Timothy Charles
    Timothy Daniel
    Timothy George
    Timothy Jude
    Timothy Joseph

(Sorry for repeats!)

Good luck! :-)

Wow - thanks for the prompt responses! Our last name is two syllables and ends with "tow" as in tow truck.