Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which of these four names is best for our baby boy....?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hudson

26 41.27%
  • Roscoe

13 20.63%
  • Carter

19 30.16%
  • Keller

5 7.94%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help us pick between four names for our baby boy!

We are having a hard time agreeing on a name for our little boy due in early July. It is very important to me that the name not be too common. I like unique names. My husband likes more conservative names. We are new to new york city and will be living here for at least a year after the baby is born before returning to texas. I thought it might be a little odd to name the baby Hudson bc we live so close to the Hudson River, but maybe I'm wrong. We need help!

We like: Hudson, Roscoe, Carter, and Keller

Thanks!

Re: Help us pick between four names for our baby boy!

I like Hudson a lot, but it's become pretty popular lately. In the past 10 years it's risen 400 spots on the ssa charts! Not sure how New Yorkers feel about the trend, but I imagine if you're moving back to Texas before he starts school it won't be much of an issue.

Roscoe isn't really my style. If you're concerned about Hudson though, you should know that Roscoe is the name of a NY town.

I like Carter, though it does sound a little straight-laced. Also I would want to give it a nn, and I can't really think of any I would want to use.

All I can think of when I see Keller is Helen Keller. while that's not necessarily a bad thing, I can imagine the teasing in middle and high school.

If popularity is an issue for you, Carter may not be the best choice, because it's pretty popular, at #65.

I'm not sure if you're still looking for names, but you may like:

Archer
    Abbott (nn Abe)
    Bennett
    Conrad
    Calder
    Donovan
    Everett
    Ellis
    Grant
    Graham
    Grady
    Griffin
    Harrison
    Jameson
    Lawson
    Miles
    Maxfield
    Pierce
    Quinlan
    Reed
    Sullivan
    Sawyer
    Shepherd
    Truman
    Vaughn
    Wilson
    Zane

Oh! And Kellan.

Good luck! :-)

Hudson - i know that Hudson is rising in popularity for both boys and girls. I think it is an okay name, I have a bad association w/ it so that makes it not my style. I don't think the Hudson River would really be a problem.

Carter - as PP said there really are no nickname possibilities w/ this name, and it is not really unique. But there is nothing wrong w/ it and it is cute enough on its own.

Roscoe - this is actually my dogs name, so while i like the name it is all doggie to me!! but i can see a cute little boy w/ this name...

Keller - all i think of is Helen Keller, my Husband tried to get me to like this name too but i cant get past Helen Keller. I love Kellen, maybe that would work instead.

good luck - your names are all somewhat different from one another, maybe you should just wait until you meet the little guy and he will name himself!

I like Hudson best and besides, you've said that you probably won't be in New York for more than a year.