Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

a middle name for Elizabeth

My husband and I have decided on Elizabeth (nn Ellie) for our first daughter, but we can't seem to find the perfect middle name so I have come to the experts!

I like and have suggested these options which have been rejected by the hubby-

Elizabeth Audrey
    Elizabeth Iris
    Elizabeth Honor

The only option we both love is Elizabeth Autumn, but I'd really like to keep Autumn free for a fist name if we had another girl in the future.

Any suggestions would be great!! Our last name is Bennet. She'll be Elizabeth Bennet like the Pride & Prejudice heroine :)

Thanks!

Re: a middle name for Elizabeth

As a fellow Elizabeth, I am SO excited you are using it for a first name! I hear people using it as a middle all the time but rarely now for a first, so this is great! It's such a good name to have :)

My middle name is Alexandra, not sure if you like it, but I've always been fond of it.

Elizabeth May
    Elizabeth Hannah
    Elizabeth Catherine
    Elizabeth Amelia
    Elizabeth Mabel
    Elizabeth Evelyn

Mum to Tabitha Rachel (Bit), Jemima Lucy (Jem), Leander Edward (Lee) and our angel Frederick Daniel (Freddy) who lit up our lives for a day before passing into a better place.

I think you should go with Elizabeth Autumn!

Elizabeth Autumn Bennett has such great flow, and the whimsical feel of Autumn nicely balances the very proper Elizabeth.
    Plus, you both love it!

You never know how you'll feel if and when you have another daughter, so I think it's better to use the name you love now than to "save" it when there is a high likelihood you would never use it in the future anyway. Also, Elizabeth and Autumn don't really make the best sibling pair, with Elizabeth being so much more formal. I would sooner use Elizabeth Autumn now and pair it with another formal first/whimsical middle combo later (such as Elizabeth Autumn and Victoria Plum).
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jlm
    I think you should go with Elizabeth Autumn!

Elizabeth Autumn Bennett has such great flow, and the whimsical feel of Autumn nicely balances the very proper Elizabeth.
    Plus, you both love it!

You never know how you'll feel if and when you have another daughter, so I think it's better to use the name you love now than to "save" it when there is a high likelihood you would never use it in the future anyway. Also, Elizabeth and Autumn don't really make the best sibling pair, with Elizabeth being so much more formal. I would sooner use Elizabeth Autumn now and pair it with another formal first/whimsical middle combo later (such as Elizabeth Autumn and Victoria Plum).
    I agree!