Names Searched Right Now:

VERB Baby Names??

My husband said this morning "what about a verb type name for the baby". What do you think? We are having a boy, any Verb's that sound good as names?

Re: VERB Baby Names??

This isn't really my style, so this is a stretch for me, but I thought it might be fun to see if I could come up with some suggestions for what a good "verb name" might sound like:

Travel (kind of similar to Travis)

Author (this is both a verb and a noun, and also kind of a variant on an occupation name; it's also similar in sound to Arthur. I actually really like this one.)

Weather (again, a noun and a verb; I like the meaning as a verb, though, and it reminds me of what I like about female virtue names like Patience and Temperance. I think this sounds more masculine the feminine, but others might disagree, especially since it rhymes with Heather).

Marvel (what's cool about this is there is the verb meaning, which as a name makes me think of a child in constant awe at the world, but there's also the comic book connection, which is fun for a little boy. Not sure how well it would age, though, and it might sound to close to Marvin, which is a bit on the dorky side).

Excel (has a great sound, but the the literal nature of its ambitions for your child may be a bit too much)

I'm not sure if the above are what your husband had in mind, or if he was thinking of a verb that is more sporty in nature, in which case he might like something more like:

Catch
    Tackle (or Tack)
    Field
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Re: VERB Baby Names??

I like Dash, especially as nn for Dashiell and it always makes me think of a quick, darting, active little boy!