Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Guilty Pleasure Name List!

I have a lot of these! Here are just a few:

boys
    Thaddeus
    Addison (sadly belongs to the girls now...)
    Basil
    Casper
    Cosmo
    Rufus
    Lysander
    Troy

girl
    Persephone
    Desdemona
    Elspeth
    Hyacinth
    Iolanthe
    Truth
    Roxy
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker

Writer of The Mod Podge Bookshelf, author of some books, lover of sticky notes and names!

Current favorite girls: Aluma, Beatrix, Dinah, Elizabeth, Felicity, Esther, Glory, Gwendolyn, Helena, Isobel, Jemima, Lucelia, Marigold, Ophelia, River, Rose, Tigerlily & Zora!

Current favorite boys: Carsten, Caspian, Damian, Gideon, Harker, Henry, Jonah, Laughlin, Leo, Maximus & Zephan!

GIRLS:
    Rhapsody - I love the meaning, and I think the word is very beautiful. I probably couldn't get away with it, though.
    Journey - sort of celebrity-ish, but I don't care.
    Jagger - yes, for a girl. My best friend knew a girl named Jagger.
    Jersey - see Journey
    Persephone - I'm a total Greek mythology nerd.
    Spencer - I know so many people hate boy's names for girls, but I don't care.
    Gracelynn - Yeah, I like a "tryndee" name. Sue me.
    Kayden - See Spencer (although it looks and sounds more feminine to me).
    Gemedsica - pn jeh-med-sick-uh. I knew a girl with this name in middle school, and she was always getting compliments on how pretty it was (she went by Gem). I fell in love with it, but it looks awkward.
    Logan
    Kennedy
    Mekare - pn muh-car-eh. It's a name from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I'd probably never use it, but I still like it.
    Alaska - love the meaning behind it!
    Saskia
    September - don't know why

BOYS:
    Lestat - again, an Anne Rice name.
    Armand - see Lestat. I think it sounds handsome.
    Zeppelin - I'd never use it, but I like it. I love the band. :P
    Kash - don't judge me! xD
    Slade - again, don't judge...
    Jett (I swear I'm not a celebrity)
    Alastair - it's not exactly a guilty pleasure, but I'm pretty sure the name of this guy who was into black magic or something was named Alastair Crowley. Then again, the mystery makes me like it even more. (I'm weird, I know.)

Also, I'm glad to see some people secretly like Cruz, I love it as well. It sounds quite handsome. :D

Boys:
    Severus
    Lucian
    Sirius
    Kimi (I LOVE this so much, but I don't think I'd get away with it on a boy.)
    Loren (See Kimi)
    Karol (See Kimi also)
    Amadeus
    Ebenezer (Hate the association, still a marginal chance I might use it.)
    Brigadier

Girls:
    Krizia
    Khadijah
    Coraline
    Edith
    Riyadh
    Britannia
    DD: Karin Olympia Lucia 2.16.12

Top Names: Amias, Florian, Emmerich, Asa, Ezra/Thisbe, Milla, Linnea, Maelys, Astrid

Future Children: Luke Sebastian/Sebastian Luke

I have a few, but 'too strange' isn't good enough reason for me. Bad history or wrong gender or unfavourable namesakes or being the ONLY person alive who likes the name are good enough reasons. Anything that would make the name a burden for the child that can't be fixed with a good story or a heroic namesake.

Girls
    Armande - Since Armand is generally a boys' name
    Dido - I don't like the singer, LOVE the name!
    Doe - I'd never use Bo, so using Doe would be hypocritical
    Earnestine - From a song, I know I shouldn't
    Hummingbird and Sunflower - she would Never be taken seriously!
    Radka - For a Norwegian jazz singer, but it's so boy-ish compared to all other names I like
    Silence - LOVE, but my daughter would not. Silence is not always a virtue, especially not these days.
    Yvaine - I'm a Neil Gaiman fan, but this would sound trashy to most people

Boys
    Ambrose and Amias - Girly much?
    Bear - probably not the best animal name
    Dewey - I love it for the Dewey Decimal System, my son would hate it for the exact same reason among other things
    Dudley - Too cuddly for a boy these days, plus Harry Potter.
    Donald - It's just hopelessly unstylish! plus the Duck.
    Elmo - but I might go there and teach him all about St. Elmo's Fire
    Iago - Would be like naming him BadGuy.
    Joss/Jody - again, girly. I think I'd be bold enough to use them in the middle?
    Sayid - seriously lack the heritage! :S

There are some more 'seriously lack the heritage' on the girl's list but I feel like you can get away with more when it comes to girls' names... Soledad, Lluvianna, Socorro, Noor, Thotime, Mati and Jans fall into the same category, not necessarily because they're so outlandish but because they're so closely linked to a specific nation or area or language that unless you're from there or spent time there you can't really get away with it... Noor, Soledad and Sayid are the worst I think...
    Resident Norwegian, feel free to ask any questions regarding lovely Norse names and such! I'm more than happy to help ^^

Maeva + Everild + Rosa + Nimue + Ondine + Anaïs + Ophelia + Clio + Ariadne + Nona + Persephone + Lux
    Ambrose + Jorah + Philo + Silas + Orpheus + Hallam + Idris + Leonidas + Orion + Emrys + Graeme + Laszlo

Pearl + Valentine + Noble + Bloom + Prosper + Starling + Wren + Forest + Boone + Evening + Hero + Vesper + Royal