Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Names Like Chloe?

when i hear chloe i think of more contemporary perky names, so here are some i think meet that criteria

Arden
    Ainsley
    Briony
    Brynn
    Calliope
    Cerys
    Clio
    Delia
    Delphi
    Ellery
    Isla
    Lila
    Millie
    Molly
    Olive
    Piper
    Quinn
    Rory
    Sadie
    Thea
    Willa
    Wren
    Zoey

i hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo
    My granddaughter's name is Chloe and my daughter says that she gets pleasure out of saying Chloe everytime. So what is important at the end of the day is how much you love the name.
    I agree with you, rollo: if there is a name you LOVE beyond all others and just seems like it should be YOUR child's name, then I'd say go with it if at all possible.

As for Chloe's popularity, as a recent Nameberry blog (POPULAR GIRLS’ NAMES: The Real Top 10 (or 12 or 13) showed, Chloe is not a top 10 name when names are grouped by pronunciation instead of exact spelling. Chloe with all its spellings didn't even make the list of the 12 most popular names when considered that way. And anyway, plenty of parents continue to name their daughters the very top names - Sophia, Isabella, etc., so why not Chloe if that's your most favorite name?

As for alternatives, I think Phoebe is close and is a great choice for parents concerned about popularity. Phoebe isn't trendy and ranks in the 300s. Phoebe sound similar to Chloe, looks a bit like Chloe, and is also of Greek mythological origin. Phoebe has the additional advantage of an appealing meaning -- radiant, shining one -- and a Shakespearean connection.

A close family member also likes Chloe, had it as 'the' name for a couple of months, but then had concerns about the name's popularity too. She would have liked Phoebe instead, but the baby's dad doesn't like that name. Too bad :( .

I love Chloe! I think you should use it.

Its popular, but for good reason. I think Chloe is the best spelling.

I doubt you'll regret using this name and think your daughter would love it!!!

Chloe has become too popular. My daughter has this name and now she is one of the
    Chloe M, Chloe T, or Chloe V in the classroom (along with the Emilys, Emmas and Ellas).

So, the next time, I will name my next child a name that is out of vogue.

For a girl, I like:
    Corrine (nn Corrie)
    Wilhemina (Willa)
    Opal
    Pearl
    Cobie
    Kendall (Keni)
    Ophelia (Opi)
    Malvolio (Mali)

and for a boy:
    Roger
    Walter
    Finn
    Holden

Thinking a little out of the box. But, still like traditional versus creative spellings.

Good luck with your new bundle!