Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: thoughts on these middle names for Mabel?

Quote Originally Posted by jpr815
    Mabel Antonia (like Willa Cather's My Antonia). Mabel Amelia is just beautiful, but amelia is also a medical term you may want to google. I hate to bring it up because Amelia is such a gorgeous and historic name, but as an informed parent you should probably know... I was thinking of Amelia for my daughter as well and was sorry to discover this during my research. I hope this site doesn't hate me for bringing this up :(
    oh wow. yikes!

Hi! I love Mabel Amelia so much! (I read about the very sad medical condition, but because I associate Amelia so strongly with being a first name, I'd still personally use it. That's just me, though.) :-)

Mabel Annora (Oops! I just remembered you have an Anne in the middle...I LOVE Anne of Green Gables, by the way!)
    Mabel Augusta
    Mabel Augustine
    Mabel Amandine
    Mabel Amaryllis (not the best flow, but I still think it works....)

Good luck! :-)

thank you! i like Mabel Augusta! unfortunately it sounds a little too heavy with our last name, which is uh, highly german sounding ;)

I absolutely guaranty that if you name your child Amelia, she will be called Bedilia for her whole life. As in: "Good morning, Bedilia." Or she will be called Ophelia. Or mistakenly called Amy, Emily, or Emmy. Or nicknamed something dreadful like Mia. I love the name Mabel and I think that Amelia works in the middle. The Amelia Bedilia books are great for language development in young children, but the character Amelia Bedilia is really dumb, and no one wants to be a Bedilia forever. I really can't believe how popular Amelia is becoming. I used to be the only one!