Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Naming our son and a funny 80's reference

I'm an Olivia who grew up in the eighties with a sister named Vanessa! We thought it was cool that both of our names were on the Cosby show. Very few people even noticed, and that was during the CS heyday. I say go for it :)
    :: o l i v e ::

I love The Cosby Show! (Last night, I watched the one in which Rudy has a sleepover and Cliff entertains the kids.) :-) With such a wholesome association, I agree that Cliff and Theo isn't a big deal, and I LOVE Theodore!

Like JLM said, just don't name future kids Claire, Vanessa, Rudy, Sondra, etc. :-)

Good luck! :-)

I think it's okay, because the Cosby Show was a great show and a very positive association. If it had been a controversial show I'd advise against it, but in this case I don't think it's a problem at all.

I love it! Theo's a great name and agree that the Cosby Show is positive so it's ok :)
    Also, I think for people who were arund for the Cosby show will appreciate it and smile. His generation may not even know what the Cosby Show is. I know this because I ran into some high school kids the other day who didn't know what "Fresh Prince of BelAir" was....I all of a sudden felt old haha

But back to the name....love Theo and think the Cosby relation is cute!