Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More on the name debate.

First of all,thank you so much for your kind replies and opinions. You've been very helpful.

Here is yet another list of names that we could use for our sons. I think Bodhi is a keeper. Suddenly and despite the fact that I wanted to use Japanese or Spanish names Bodhi makes a lot of sense to me.

Besides Bodhi we have:

Oren
    Ren (love it, but we have Ryo already)
    Rei (same)
    Kai
    Simja/Simcha
    Chaim/Chai (I actually don't mind any tea connections...weird)
    Dan
    Dai
    Ben
    Ira (the other half thinks Irish Republican Army)

TIA,Nana

Re: More on the name debate.

Quote Originally Posted by nana
    First of all,thank you so much for your kind replies and opinions. You've been very helpful.

Here is yet another list of names that we could use for our sons. I think Bodhi is a keeper. Suddenly and despite the fact that I wanted to use Japanese or Spanish names Bodhi makes a lot of sense to me.

Besides Bodhi we have:

Oren
    Ren (love it, but we have Ryo already)
    Rei (same)
    Kai
    Simja/Simcha
    Chaim/Chai (I actually don't mind any tea connections...weird)
    Dan
    Dai
    Ben
    Ira (the other half thinks Irish Republican Army)

TIA,Nana
    I would avoid any R names with Ryo. Kai, Chaim, Chai, and Dai seem a little rhyme-y with Bodhi, to be honest. Dan and Ben seem a bit...bland with your other names. Ira is nice but far too associated with acronyms...it has more than one!

So so far we have Simja/Simcha and Oren, all of which I think are lovely names. However, in that vein, some suggestions:

Quon*
    Ezra
    Yukio
    Moishe
    Yoel
    Arturo
    Teive
    Akira*
    Chen
    Evron
    Nakana
    Makai*

Sorry for the shortness of the list...WDYT of those?

Quote Originally Posted by rose
    Sorry for the shortness of the list...WDYT of those?
    Thank you Rose for your help. I guess I should add that Bodhi is not an absolute keeper. We can still use two of the other names on the list. =)

Oren: Because I think of conservative Oren Hatch, I can't see Oren with the free and spiritual Bodhi and Ryo.

Ren (love it, but we have Ryo already): I have to admit that even though I never watched the show, I think of Ren and Stimpy.

Rei (same): I think this is nice, but like you said, it's another R name. Aside from the i ending, I don't think it sounds matchy with Bodhi, because they have different ending sounds.

Kai: I can definitely see Kai with Bodhi. Yes, they look matchy because of the i endings, but they don't have the same sounds.

Simja/Simcha: I'd personally go with Simja over Simcha, because depending on where you live, I think you'll encounter pronunciation issues with the Hebrew Simcha. (I'm guessing people will mispronounce the "ch" sound has a "ch" sound or a hard c sound, when it's neither. ) I can also better see some of the other names with Ryo.

Chaim/Chai (I actually don't mind any tea connections...weird): Like Simcha, I think Chaim will encounter pronunciation issues with those who don't know how to pronounce its beginning sound. (I also can't see Chaim and Ryo as brothers.) Because of the tea issue, I personally prefer Kai to Chai.

Dan: I think of Dan as a nickname for Daniel, but I think it's handsome. (I can better see something more exotic with Bodhi and Ryo, though.)

Dai: If I'm pronouncing it correctly (with a long I sound, like eye), Dai sounds like the word "die," so I prefer some of the others.

Ben: I love Ben, but I think of it as a nickname for Benjamin or Bennett, neither of which I can really see with Ryo.

Ira (the other half thinks Irish Republican Army): I think it's a great name, but I can better see Ira with vinatage or clunky names than I can with Ryo or Bodhi.

From your list, Kai is my favorite with Ryo

Good luck! :-)

These are nice names but I'm not sure if they go very well with Ryo. I think Kai is the best match. Still love Bodhi.
    Oren- like it
    Ren- cute
    Rei-too similar to Ryo
    Ira- love this name
    Dai- day or die, I would avoid this name
    Dan- boring compared to Ryo
    Ben- prefer as a nickname for Benjamin
    Chaim- I think this would get mispronounced a lot.
    Chai- soothing, I think it's cool and goes fine with Rio
    Simcha- don't care for it, likely to get mispronounced
    Kai- I think this goes the best with Ryo.
    Suggestion-
    Remy