27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maxwell Thor Johnson

9 33.33%
  • Andrew Thor Johnson

3 11.11%
  • Henry Thor Johnson

15 55.56%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Andrew, Henry, or Maxwell - Vote Please!

Got it down to three, need your help getting to one! Need a solid first name to go with a bold middle and common last. Please vote for one. Thanks!

Re: Andrew, Henry, or Maxwell - Vote Please!

Well, Henry and Maxwell are both more distinguished than Andrew in my opinion, but I love the handsome, streamlined Henry over the childish Max...

My vote is Henry Thor Johnson (or Bergthor, if you so choose that middle...)! Good luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I like the middle name, but not crazy about the flow of any of the first names with Johnson. Something to think about:

Google Henry Johnson. He was a Sergeant in the U.S. Army in 1918 from Albany NY. Awarded Distinguished Service Cross. There is a street in Albany NY named after him.

Google Andrew Johnson. He was President of the US & twice they tried to impeach him.

Google Maxwell Johnson. Many hits on the name, but if you 411.com the name you will get so many matches that they can't display them all.

I am expecting too and will be googling names before I make my final decision to see if there are any notable people with the same name. My job is a bit easier because our last name is fairly uncommon.

I voted for Henry :) I love the flow of Henry Johnson. With a name like Johnson, there will more than likely be someone from history with a similar name, so I wouldn't worry too much about "minor" famous people with the same name. I suppose you may want to stay away from Presidents, but even that's a personal preference. I found out there was a clothing company in the UK with my son's name before he was born but it didn't deter uswe loved his name too much! Good luck :)
    :: o l i v e ::

Quote Originally Posted by mtl
    I like the middle name, but not crazy about the flow of any of the first names with Johnson. Something to think about:

Google Henry Johnson. He was a Sergeant in the U.S. Army in 1918 from Albany NY. Awarded Distinguished Service Cross. There is a street in Albany NY named after him.

Google Andrew Johnson. He was President of the US & twice they tried to impeach him.

Google Maxwell Johnson. Many hits on the name, but if you 411.com the name you will get so many matches that they can't display them all.

I am expecting too and will be googling names before I make my final decision to see if there are any notable people with the same name. My job is a bit easier because our last name is fairly uncommon.
    Thanks for the research! We plan to call him Thor, so he will be generally known as Thor Johnson. The first name is there for grounding. Thor Johnson was an American classical music composer from the mid-1900's. The only famous Thor going right now is Thor Hushovd, a bicycle racer from Norway.