Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aescleah

Aescleah

I was just sitting down, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon reading the paper, when I came across an article about a teenager named Aescleah. I nearly had a heart attack! Although the article is about dolphins, it uses up valuable column space to explain that this you g girls name is pronounced ASHLEY!! I've heard of yooneek spellings before, but this one takes the cake!

Re: Aescleah

Quote Originally Posted by phia
    I was just sitting down, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon reading the paper, when I came across an article about a teenager named Aescleah. I nearly had a heart attack! Although the article is about dolphins, it uses up valuable column space to explain that this you g girls name is pronounced ASHLEY!! I've heard of yooneek spellings before, but this one takes the cake!
    UUGGHH!
    Anastasia Pearl, Caroline Audrey, Catherine Maeve,
    Elizabeth Jane, Grace Charlotte, Rose Genevieve

Benjamin Clark, Jack Ronan, James Frederick,
    Liam David, Luke Alexander, Patrick Elliot

And I thought I hated the name before.

Oh, Phia! My eyes!!! My eyes!!!! I'm totally breaking out into my "yooneek" sweat now, waiting for the inevitable twitching to kick in. I feel weak...

Aescleah's parents clearly aren't jeenyuses, for if they were, they would have known that Aescleah is actually spelled Aeskleah. I mean, everyone knows that. :-)

(Thanks for posting this, Phia, although my vision may never be the same again, and I'll have to rock myself in the fetal position for a few hours to calm myself down from the horror of it all...It will be touch and go for a while, but I should pull through.)

I think a child with this name would be cursed with mispronunciation of her name for her entire life. Poor thing...
    Mommy to Maximos Alexander, Iris Leia Ann and Cora Noel