Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aescleah

Aescleah

I was just sitting down, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon reading the paper, when I came across an article about a teenager named Aescleah. I nearly had a heart attack! Although the article is about dolphins, it uses up valuable column space to explain that this you g girls name is pronounced ASHLEY!! I've heard of yooneek spellings before, but this one takes the cake!

Re: Aescleah

Quote Originally Posted by phia
    I was just sitting down, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon reading the paper, when I came across an article about a teenager named Aescleah. I nearly had a heart attack! Although the article is about dolphins, it uses up valuable column space to explain that this you g girls name is pronounced ASHLEY!! I've heard of yooneek spellings before, but this one takes the cake!
    UUGGHH!
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Anna & Jack, Caroline & James, Catherine & Luke, Claire & Liam, Maeve & Patrick

And I thought I hated the name before.

Oh, Phia! My eyes!!! My eyes!!!! I'm totally breaking out into my "yooneek" sweat now, waiting for the inevitable twitching to kick in. I feel weak...

Aescleah's parents clearly aren't jeenyuses, for if they were, they would have known that Aescleah is actually spelled Aeskleah. I mean, everyone knows that. :-)

(Thanks for posting this, Phia, although my vision may never be the same again, and I'll have to rock myself in the fetal position for a few hours to calm myself down from the horror of it all...It will be touch and go for a while, but I should pull through.)

I think a child with this name would be cursed with mispronunciation of her name for her entire life. Poor thing...
    Mommy to Maximos Alexander, Iris Leia Ann and Cora Noel