Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Seeking honest feedback on this name?

Jenna Elfman's husband is named Bodhi, so I've heard of it before. It isn't my style either, but I don't dislike it.

Other people will tell you what they think if you tell them your name choices before the babies are born, but only someone really rude would tell you they don't like your son's name after he's here, so if you love it and are set on it but think other people will be negative, you can just keep it under wraps until they're born.

As a New Hampshirite, I associate it with Bode Miller, the skiier. He's not the greatest guy but he is a good athlete and if I met someone named Bodhi I wouldn't really think of him. I like the name!

nana believe it or not when I look out of my window across the bay there is a large headland there and it is called Bodhi Headland.

I worry that people will mispronounce it as Body.
    Psalm 23

My first honest reaction was that I didn't like it, but I do like that it has religious meaning to you.

Also, after thinking on it for a moment, I think it would settle in quite nicely since it has a similar sound to some more commonplace names like Brody.

It's nms but I think it's a viable choice. If you love it, use it! :)
    Good luck!

Hi Nana. :-) I really love Bodhi's spiritual meaning, and with your being raised Buddhist, I think it's a great choice. Because I'm familiar with the name (I've heard it in reference to James Taylor's grandson and Jenna Elfman's husband), I personally don't find it shocking.

Good luck! :-)