Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Names from your heritage or ethnicity?

Being super Norwegian in all fragments of ancestry, I'd have to chose Norwegian/Norse names for this one, and I have a ready list ^^
    Girls:
    Lerke
    Minna
    Erla
    Liva
    Una
    Edme
    Olava
    Duva

Boys:
    Ravn
    Frende
    Bror
    Alvar
    Lyder
    Leik
    Emre
    Aune
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn

I am a bit Irish a bit English and half lebanese so,
    Irish:Orla, Finnian, Aoife, Patrick(My great grandfather), Erin, and Brandon.
    English:Beatrice, William, Alexandra, Oliver, Jacqueline, Max, Alice, Alexander, Edward, and Maisy.
    Lebanese:Rana, Segi, Sabine, Yara, Amal, simone(sim-on, male)

P.S about the English names I think they are all English but please correct me if they are not. If you don't mind me saying I have close family in Australia thus my fave Australian names are Lachlan (not accually Australian but really popular there) and Matilda.

We used names from our heritage for my son but not the names we would have used if he was to grow only in Japan or only in Cuba. If I had no problem with pronounciation and style I would use:

Boys: Kaito, Daichi, Ren, Hiroshi, Shinjiro or Zenjiro.
    Girls: Shiori, Haruyo, Sakae, Hikaru, Natsuyo or Tsukiko.

My son's first name is Ryo. Depending on the Kanji used to write the name it can be "refreshing-reality" or "refreshing-distant". We use the first pair. Ryo is also a misspelled form of the Spanish word for River (Rio) but it is pronounced the same way. It might not be the more complex Japanese name that I grew up loving but I'm very proud of his name and truly love it.

Quote Originally Posted by dearest
    Being super Norwegian in all fragments of ancestry, I'd have to chose Norwegian/Norse names for this one, and I have a ready list ^^
    Girls:
    Lerke
    Minna
    Erla
    Liva
    Una
    Edme
    Olava
    Duva

Boys:
    Ravn
    Frende
    Bror
    Alvar
    Lyder
    Leik
    Emre
    Aune
    These names are amazing, Dearest! Love Ravn. How do you pronounce it?

Thank you Susan!
    I spent a lot of time picking them out!
    Ravn is the Norwegian equivalent of Raven (big surprise) and has long tradition as a boys name but is very rare...
    It has one syllable, and the R is properly pronounced. I don't know what else to say about pronunciation to be honest!
    I'm glad you like it though!
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn